Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Yeoman

Default cabins

Hi

Have booked two cabins one outside and one inside which is opposite. We want the children to have there own cabin. Will carnival be ok with this or will we have to pretend one adult is in each room. (Will the cabinstaff report us if we let the children have their own cabin)!!

Help,
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2001, 07:37 PM
donnajo

Default Re: cabins

Yes, you have to pretend that one adult is staying in each cabin. Only adults over twenty one can book a cabin on the ship. This cut way down on the old over 18 rule which meant alot of college kids on spring break! Happy sailing!
Old July 19th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Braves Fans

When the steward comes around to meet you the first day, I'd just say that you have both rooms, introduce yourself and your children, and leave it at that. It shouldn't be a problem. The rule is in place (concerning no children under a certain age in a room without an adult) to decrease the number of spring breaker type people. I don't think you'll have a problem.
Old July 19th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Robocop

Officially you will have cabins assigned with an adult in each one but they really could care less so long as you are there and willing to take responsibility.
Jim
Old July 19th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Admiral

I think it's 25 for youngest on Carnival, but a $20 to the cabin steward up front should take care of all problems.

pamda
Old July 20th, 2001, 09:11 AM
First Mate

I have done it (seperate room for 2 13 yr olds) and it is absolutely not a problem. Of course my kids did not create a problem, if they had it may have been a different story altogether.

John
Old July 20th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Lady Jag

Yes, I think the minimum age is 25 yrs.old now for Carnival.

We're doing the same thing next year, but we are in two adjoining balcony cabins. It should be interesting cruising this way, as we usually go in suites. I am looking forward to having 2 bathrooms!

Have fun on your cruise and don't worry about it - the crew never makes a big deal about who's in which cabin.
Old July 21st, 2001, 01:32 AM
Admiral

We have this arrangement for our cruise next week. Travel agent and Carnival said no problem. Page 2 or 3 of Welccome Aboard brochure says ok if parents are traveling with kids to have different cabins. (P.S. kids are 14 and 18) Looking forward to only having to share bathroom with husband Girls have been warned to behave or else.
Old July 21st, 2001, 07:47 PM
Lady Jag

Cindy - Had to laugh at the Riot Act being given to your girls! Guess we'll be doing the same for the cruise next year with 2 cabins. I can just hear all the giggling, giggling, giggling.....! I'll have to think up a really good Riot Act Speech to give them.