Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2001, 10:02 PM
Traci

Default to lady jag

Bobbie:

When are you doing Adventure? We are looking at this ship for next summer too (looking at a week in June and a week in July - not sure which one yet)! It would be fun to meet if we end up on the same ship. By the way, saw your other post about Chops Grille. Can't speak to that restaurant, but we ate at Portofino's on the Explorer last week and it was well worth the $20 charge - every penny of it. We took our 13-year-old daughter and our 4-year-old son ate at Johnny Rockets with the Adventure Ocean kids group (they offer that 3 nights; we used 2 of them - Thomas loved it!). Our daughter loved Portofino's. Ron and I had one of the best filet mignons we've ever had; Emily had the chicken parm. And the tiramisu was heavenly to say the least. We did tip. I read on one of the boards that someone else just figured out what the meal would have cost and then tipped accordingly. We did the same (in this case, the food and service was fabulous and we tipped 20% of what we estimated the meal to be worth). Anyway, let me know when you'll be on Adventure and how you like Chops Grille.

Keep counting down. It's almost there! Happy cruising!!!
Traci
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Lady Jag

Default Re: to lady jag

It's July 7, 2002, which works out perfectly if you want to go down to SJU a couple days before hand. The Fourth of July Holiday is great for flying - no one is in the airports! I think I e-mailed you the rest of the information. Let me know if I didn't answer your questions.

Thanks for the info about Portofino's. I was wondering which one would be better - Portofino's or Chops Grille. They seem to both be $20 per person. My husband loves steak so we'll go to whichever one has the best beef. (Can't stand the stuff myself!) Does Portofino have Italian food like Sabatini's on the Grand Princess or what?

Thanks for the help and hope to meet you all next summer! Anyone else interested in joining us for the July 7, 2002 Adventure of the Seas cruise, just e-mail me and I'll give you the details. Looks like we'll have a pretty good sized group!
Old July 26th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Traci

Bobbie:

I think I said this, but not sure - Portofino's has amazing filet mignon. I'm sure your husband will love it. You really can cut it with a fork.

Traci
Old July 26th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Lady Jag

I thought someone had mentioned it, but couldn't remember whom! Thanks so much - he loves any kind of meat like that. (He's a true carnivore!) lol