Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2001, 10:26 PM
theo

Default bermuda in october

Three of us (two oldsters 50+) and my daughter (30+) are taking the Majesty to bermuda on 10/14. Any tips? Any advice. My first cruise--and it took me a lot to book it ($-wise). Where shall we go when we get there?
Best advice for on-board? What to do?
Hey, guys/gals, I'm really a novice and need your help-on anything you could give me.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2001, 06:34 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan
Default Re: bermuda in october

Bermuda is beautiful in October (all the other months as well!) If you are tied up in St. Georges it is a great little town to walk around and explore. We walked up to Fort St. Catherine and the beach there as well as the beach just beyond. We walked everywhere. The island is immaculate, the people helpful, kind and very nice. We took the bus into Hamilton and walked all around there as well. You will find a great botanical park smack dad in the middle of the city. All the other ships tie up right at the docks on the main street. I wouldn't mind going back there to a resort for a week, but the cruise ship is a wonderful way to go. Hope you enjoy your cruise.
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Yes Bermuda is beautiful, tropical, warm and the people are very friendly. A good walking tour of St. George's is a must. A stop at the Swizzle Inn for a Rum Swizzle will be a time to remember. There are good caves to explore, Hamilton is great for toruing on foot and for shopping, and don't forget to climb the stairs up Gibbs Lighthouse for a fabulous view of the entire island. The Pink Bus system is great and you can purchase a multi-day pass for a very small price. Get a transfer when you need to change buses. It will be fun. Don't rent mopeds unless you already drive a motor bike or motorcycle. Too many people ruin their vacation with accidents. The roads are very narrow and there are many curves. Since you are watching your budget especially, there are not reasons to purchase ship tours. Horseshoe Bay is a beautiful beach.
Bon Voyage
Old July 26th, 2001, 12:18 PM
JimG

Those 3 day bus passes are also good for ferries and obtainable at the Hamilton ferry terminal. Take the ferry out to Kings Wharf, tour that area, then take the south shore bus back to Hamilton, stopping halfway for lunch and a short climb to the Gibbs hill lighthouse. Then reboard the next available bus for the rest of the trip back. This of course. works just as well in reverse if you're docked at Kings Wharf.