Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Lord, I didn't realize until I saw Pamda's handle on a post that somebody had resurrected a string from 2001 (post 23).

I would be interested to know whether the insurace companies still offer annual coverage, more than a decade after most of the posts on this string.

I'm glad I looked at the dates. I was about to post a warning that anybody who steals that ID from our late and beloved friend is asking for trouble.
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I was confused as well. Why didn't someone just start a new thread. Rules change, situations change. Who knows if half of this thread applies these days.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Will always buy insurance . Have heard of to many cases where people don't buy and have to cancel for medical reason's and then are out $1000's. Or they need to be medivaced from the ship to a hospital .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default insurance

I am going with a group of 7, in October 13th oon the dream I am the grandma the kids just do not want insurance, i booked with cheapcruise they have insurance for $59.00 a person for the 7 days, I did have to purchace for everyone in my room and there is 3 I was not going to do it but I am going to purchace it for all my room as it is the only way to get it but I am 63 and sure don't have the money to fly home, or pay out for a hospital in different country. I am not sick but at my age anything can happen. Ihave been on 4 cruises and did not get insurance and all was good but you just don't know any more. My son is 45 and is just against it my grand daughter is 27 they both think I am nuts, cuz I am getting it on my 18 year old grand daughter and her mom. I am going to check and make sure what it cover but my understanding was getting sick or having to cancel. Has any one used this insurance?