Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2001, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Default Which Line Or Ship Has The Best Entertainment?

Based on the fourteen cruises we have been on thus far, I would rate Carnival as the best for comedy and variety, RCI as the best for musical performances and headliner acts, and Princess the best for the singers and dancers. However, this was on the Grand Princess and we have been on Princess only once. The music played on the ship was louder on Carnival with more Rock and more subdued and easy listening on RCI. Guess that's because more of us old people cruise on RCI.

Paul B
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Which Line Or Ship Has The Best Entertainment?

Paul,
I kind of really enjoy the entertainment as a whole on RCCL, they really do have all the hi-tech stuff and now the ice shows on Voyager and Explorer are something else. Kind of hard to top that :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 29th, 2001, 04:43 PM
SuzieQ

Speaking only for the Broadway style shows...Carnival was out of this world!
Old July 29th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Centrums on RCI Ships.. and Deck 5 walkways of Carnival's Destiny Class ships. The centers of the action on ships... and the best place for the best entertainment at sea.. people watching <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Old July 29th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Mary Lou

The production shows on Celebrity were outstanding. I understand that within the last year they hired a new production company. The shows were Broadway caliber!!! We enjoyed each and every one.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old July 29th, 2001, 06:39 PM
First Mate

Carnival, Celebrity and RCI are all very good. Princess (although I love other things about them) isn't my favorite for entertainment.
Although, like kuki, being a people watcher-any public area can be entertaining when you people watch.
Cher
Old July 30th, 2001, 12:38 AM
Ginny

I'm with you Mary Lou the broadway shows are spectacular on Celebrity. They are the best I've ever seen.

Happy Cruising!
Ginny
Old July 30th, 2001, 10:54 AM
First Mate

I agree with Cher, I love Princess, but, they need some help in the entertainment department. I was very disappointed when we were on the Grand in Dec.