Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:48 PM
Lady Jag

Default Best Cruise Ship Bathrooms?

Out of all the ships you've been on, which one had the best cabin bathroom and why? I know 'best' is a relative term, so share your reasons for it being the best. Thanks! :o)

Here's mine:

Grand Princess, suite category bathrooms - beautiful marble, plenty of room and the typical energetic, aircraft-sounding toilet!
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Cruise Ship Bathrooms?

Well, suite bathrooms go without saying and it would be a tie for the Cat AA suite on the Dawn Princess and the Cat 1 suite on the Mercury.

However, in terms of 'normal' rooms (non-suite category), I'd have to say that the Royal Princess takes the cake. Every bathroom has a bathtub/shower with removeable shower head.
Old August 1st, 2001, 06:16 PM
Kathy G

I would have to say the Sky Suite on Mercury - nice marble tub with whirlpool jets, plenty of counter space - we got really spoiled with that cabin!

Kathy G
Old August 1st, 2001, 06:33 PM
sailinglisa

Since I have never been in a suite, I can only compare between the following ships: Fantasy, Sea Princess, Grand Princess, Rembrandt and Millennium. Space wise I would have to say the Millie wins. For water pressure, the Sea and Grand would win. The Rembrandt actually had the biggest bathroom, but let's just say it was OLD and let's leave it at that.
Old August 1st, 2001, 07:23 PM
SusanA

Have never been in a suite, so all I can compare is the regular rooms. Between the Mercury, Rhapsody of the Seas, Grand and Golden Princess, and Sun Princess the Mercury wins hands down. The shower was quite large. The bathroom as a whole was quite a bit bigger than the other ships also.

Susan
Old August 1st, 2001, 07:31 PM
bes22

Disney Magic's bathrooms were the best. They were split in two - sink/toilet room and shower/tub/sink room. Very convenient for multiple people! Millie's had lots of storage space, but Disney wins this one.
Old August 1st, 2001, 08:15 PM
Lady Jag

I like that feature of the Magic's and Wonder's bathrooms. It works great when you have more than 2 people in the cabin.

Glad to see people reporting on the regular cabins. The suites are obviously going to be very beautiful and spacious, but I was more interested in the regular cabins.

I think the Radiance's bathrooms look very nice, but I can't say for sure for another 59 days. Maybe someone else can that's been on this ship?
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:00 PM
bow2stern

I'm pretty sure it was the Nordic Empress...
The bathroom was fairly spacious. But, the big point was the shower. It was circular, and had a clear, plexiglass, semi-circular door. It was a lot roomier than the standard square shower.
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:12 PM
Kathy G

The Radiance - Cat D cabin bathroom wasn't bad except the shower was very small. It also didn't have a lot of pressure. After I took my first shower I came out and told my husband it was like taking a shower with a waterpik. It was a great cabin but a bigger shower would have been nice!

Kathy G
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:24 PM
Admiral

S1 Suite on the Norway - marble tub, lots of room, very nice...but still no place to hang a damned toothbrush. :o)
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:07 PM
Audrey Belcher

We just got off the dawn and the shower was really great the best of my four cruises.
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:18 PM
Admiral

So far the suite we had on the new Carnival Spirit wins hands down for me-- even if the jets were not working- very huge to say the least- double sinks- oversized jazzuiz bathtub- marble and lots more-- even the toilet didnt make the usual loud flushing sound.
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:45 PM
Admiral

For regular bathrooms, the Cat "C" on the Eagle class RCI ships.

For icky, the bubblegum pink on the Triumph.

The "normal" bathrooms on HAL's Rotterdam VI and the latest Amsterdam are completely excellent.

The "suite" bathrooms on HAL's newer ships are way suite.

pamda
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:55 PM
Lady Jag

Reading Kathy's remark about showering with a Waterpik reminded me of the very low pressure in our last suite's shower. Have you ever noticed that if the water comes out of the shower head slowly, that you shower slowly? It seems like it took forever for me to get the shampoo out of my hair!! It seemed like I was moving in slow motion!

I think it's like music when you're driving. If I listen to upbeat music, I drive faster. (FYI - This excuse does NOT work with the Highway Patrol.) :^)
Old August 2nd, 2001, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Never had a suite but for a regular cabin the best for us has been on Carnival Victory....very spacious shower, large vanity sink with lots of storage and the overall room size was spacious too.

DeniseZ
Old August 2nd, 2001, 11:17 AM
Jenny

The Sky Suite on the Century had a nice jacuzzi type tub - a little small, but quite nice after all those other bathrooms with tiny showers...
Old August 2nd, 2001, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The best I have had in a cabin - no doubt Crystal! Full-size whirlpool tub, full-size shower (separate) and two sinks.

Best I have ever seen? Suites on HALs Amsterdam with the jacuzzi tub next to a full-size wundow overlooking the ocean (don't use it in port).
Old August 7th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Robie

Are you mixed up? The Nordic had the worst bathroom. When you sat on the throne, your leg hit the ashtray and your feet were in the shower.
Old August 10th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Passenger

I couldn't believe the public restrooms on the Enchantment of the Seas. Beautiful.....lots of marble, medium dark maple panelling, and hand painted ceramic art. - and with very interesting layouts.