Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Admiral

Default Are Radisson, Seabourne and Silversea Worthe The E

Hi,

If we cruised on one of those lines, our fares would be used to help pay for other cruiser's wine since we drink very little on cruises. Then, I would probably have to buy some newer, fancier clothes, so I could keep up with the Smythe-Jones's. Maybe, even a Tux, God forbid. The thought makes me shudder!! So, I guess we will stick with the larger cruise lines, and use the money saved to go on additional cruises. Besides, the bigger ships have a lot more fun activities.

Paul B
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Are Radisson, Seabourne and Silversea Worthe T

Sorry, it should end with worth the extra $$$?

Paul B
Old August 11th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Paul ...

You would be surprised. The Smythe-Jones group doesn't "put on side" on the smaller, more expensive ships. They don't feel as though they have to impress anyone.

The people who go around "flaunting" are largely ignored by the other passengers.

In fact, it's rare to see a woman wearing any jewelry other than a plain gold wedding ring, a pair of earrings, and maybe a quiet bracelet. Everybody "knows" that the good stuff is at home in the safe.

Not so in the mainstream fleet when you almost need sunglasses on formal night from all the glitter. (Most of which is NOT gold and a lot of it is cubic zirconia.)

The value in upscale cruises lies, mainly, in unusual itineraries and the all-inclusive nature.

pamda
Old August 12th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Admiral

True, but I don't like the idea of paying for services that I don't want or use like free wine, cavier or butler service. I'm just a simple person who likes to have fun, and I believe I can have more on the larger ships with more activities. There is is something for everyone in this life, and the upscale cruise lines, clipper ships or Lindblad (sp) cruises are not for Peggy and I.

Paul B
Old August 13th, 2001, 01:57 AM
Admiral

Paul ...

That's why there are choices, y'know?

There are a lot of delicious itineraries that can't be done on the "big boats" and I wouldn't mind at all contributing to someone else's caviar habit to visit exotic ports if that was the only way I was going to get there.

My idea of "activity" is a high-stakes bridge game or turning pages in whatever I am reading at the moment. Well, waking up is my main activity of the day.

I love the "laze" of the smaller ships and don't care much for the frenetic pace of the big girls. That doesn't keep me off them, though. I just hide in the corners or on my balcony.

pamda
Old August 13th, 2001, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Pamda

I'm older than you and retired, so I can relax all I want to at home. On vacations, I love to do things all the time.

Paul B