Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Palm Trees

Default OK, how about Islands visited?

How many Caribbean islands have you visited (stopovers included) and let's include Bermuda and the Bahamas?

I've been to Bermuda, Bahamas (Nassau & Freeport), Aruba, Curacao, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, Antigua, Guadaloupe, Martinique, ST. Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Puerto Rico. I think that's 19-20.

Don't think I've missed much, but I still love the Caribbean over and over again.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2001, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: OK, how about Islands visited?

Puerto Rico, USVI (St. John, St. Thomas, Thatch Cay), St. Maarten/Ste. Martin, St. Kitts, Nevis, Aruba, Curašao, Bahamas (New Providence Island, Paradise Island, Grand Bahama, Coco Cay, Great Stirrup Cay, Eleuthra, Cay Sal, Bimini, Orange Cay), Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan, Hispa˝ola (Dominican Republic, Labadee, Haiti)
Old August 11th, 2001, 10:52 PM
sailinglisa

Bahamas (Freeport), Bahamas (Eleuthera). Key West, Mackinac Island, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Whidbey Island, Marrowstone Island, San Juan Island, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, whatever island Ketchikan is on, Isle Royal.
Old August 11th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Palm Trees

Hey Lisa, when did they move Ketchikan to the warm waters of the Caribbean?? Guess they wouldn't sell too many totem pole carvings there!

If we go to ALL the islands, I'd have to start adding Liberty Island, Ellis Island, Staten Island, Long Island, Manhattan Island, ... and then go over to the Med for more.
Old August 11th, 2001, 11:13 PM
sailinglisa

Sorry - I missed the CARIBBEAN part of the post! lol
Old August 12th, 2001, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Oops...forgot Blackbeard's Cay and Blue Lagoon, Bahamas.
Old August 12th, 2001, 12:19 AM
Palm Trees

Well, Divetex, you made me realize that I forgot Paradise Island, Blue Lagoon, Grand Bahama. My goodness, there are alot of little ones scattered in that gorgeous sparkly turquoise water.
Old August 12th, 2001, 01:58 AM
Admiral

Make me think, why don't you, you vixen dominatrix ???

All of yours except St. Maarten (who knows how I missed that one?)

Nevis, Montserrat, Virgin Gorda, St. Bart's, Curriacao, Ile de Santes, Bonaire, San Blas islands (several), Bequia, cruise ship private islands ... Dominica from a distance (I could SEE it) ... Queeg has been to Haiti and the DR so I will co-opt those.by virtue of marriage.

Bermuda, Bahama ... C'mon pretty mama ... (Hear the Beach Boys !!!)

Understand this is a ringer question for me. I lived in the Caribbean for four years.

The island I am dying to visit (and some rich relative will have to die before I can ever go there) is Mustique. Saba is also on my list of "wanna do" places.

pamda, looking around for rich relatives in ill health who are fond of her
Old August 12th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have the dubious pleasure of living on an Island. The place the latest gov't study says has the highest cost of living in the U.S.
Other Island I've visited are Bermuda(7) San Juan(2) St. Thomas(3) St, John(1)
Grand Cayman(3) Jamaica(Never again) Cozumel(2) Aruba(1) St.Croix(1) Curacao(1)Staten?
Old August 12th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Palm Trees

pamda and cruzship, now this was a VERY serious question and you have made light of it.

pamda, I really do hope you have a very rich relative who ADORES you and would love nothing more than to have you visit your dream island of Mustique (??!!??). Sounds like a body spray wannabe...but, if you want to go there, fine with me.

cruzship, Lawnnguyland does not count; it is not in the Caribbean yet, though it may be moved there in the future because it is an annoying piece hanging out into the Atlantic.

Olga (really I'm not a dominatrix, just a control freak...it's close, but not the same)
Old August 12th, 2001, 01:52 PM
cruzetime

I have to include virtually all the islands listed above plus all the Keys since I drove to Key West. Also Eluthera, Little Cayman, St. Lucia, Turks & Caicos islands, two small islans off Martinique to which we sailed ( I was too drunk to remember the names, damn that rum punch) Trinidad & Tobago and Cartegena. The San Blas islands the worst port call in the entire world!
Old August 12th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Admiral

I agree with cruzetime ... the San Blas merchant/vendor island is pretty gross. But, hey, that was the itinerary. We bought some fabulous molas and had a wonderful afternoon snorking on another island.

I don't think Cartagena is an island, though.

I forgot Turks & Caicos. Should I count LongBoat Key?

I vote for Ocho Rios as the most disgusting mainstream port of call, closely followed by St. Thomas. For different reasons.

pamda
Old August 12th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

To keep it short.. and not strain my memory cells... let's just say I've visited all the St.s.....
and probably all the sinners :o)
Old August 12th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Palm Trees

Kuki...you're the winner....again!
Old August 12th, 2001, 05:06 PM
sailinglisa

Oooops! Forgot to add Tintamar Island off of St. Martin to my list!
Old August 12th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Bensley's

St. Martin/Sint Maarten, St. Thomas, Eleuthera (Princess Cays), Key West,
Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Grand Cayman.
Old August 12th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Jan (NH)

St. Thomas, St. Martin, Puerto Rico, St. John, St. Croix, St. Barts, St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Bonaire, Hispaniola, Cozumel, Grenada, Antigua, Bermuda, Bahamas (New Providence and Great Stirrup Cay,) Guadaloupe, Jamaica, Trinidad, Tobago, Key West, Grand Cayman, Tortola, Matinique, I think that's about it. Time to move to the Hawaiian chain (after the next two Caribbean cruises. So many islands, so little time, so little money!!!!
Old August 13th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Jenny

So far we've only done East and West Caribbean: Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and Bahamas (Nassau). We'll be adding Key West to that list on next month's cruise... Still want to do the Southern route. Some day!