Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2001, 06:07 PM
First Mate

Default 1st Timer on Golden

My wife and I are going on our first cruise ever. We're going on the Golden Princess during Thanksgiving of this year. We're stopping i St. Martin, St. Thomas and Princess cay. Does anyone have any advice or recommendatins for us. We've never been on a cruise or in the Caribbean.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2001, 08:49 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: 1st Timer on Golden

Tom - first of all - have a great cruise! You will have 3 sea days to get to enjoy the ship. Check out the Terrace Pool aft. It is not as crowded as the other pool areas and it is adult only. It is also very close to a bar and the Horizon Court buffet area.

On St. Maarten there are two excursions that I recommend - the first is the Golden Eagle OutIsland sail. That takes you on a catamaran to Tintamar Island for an hour of snorkeling, swimming and whatever you want to do. On the way there and the way back you are waited on by the most attentive and fun crew - open bar, snacks and on the way back some party music. The other excursion is the America's Cup Regatta - on this one you get to crew a yacht in a race. A friend of mine did this one and he said that you can be as active or as inactive as you want.
Old August 21st, 2001, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Princess Cays is just a big beautiful beach that is only open to people from the ship. It is actually one side of the island Eluthera which was once used (recently) for the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit edition.

Princess keeps it very clean. There is a bbq on one side of the beach which is very good! There are also no flies in this area which makes the bbq enjoyable.

There are beach items to rent (jet skiis, etc... ) but I normally find a nice chair and just relax. There are also some local craft stores.

I think you will enjoy your day here! I always do.

We are sailing the Grand over Thanksgiving - it looks like we will miss you.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Tom, you picked a wonderful ship from what I've heard for your first cruise experience. Just be prepared to fight off the post cruise blues when you return home...the only cure is to book another one. Be sure to check out the first-time cruisers section at the CruiseMates website. There you will find a ton of valuable information. And ask questions here!