Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2001, 10:34 PM
bgerber

Default embassy or amerisutes in lauderdale

I'am planning on a post cruise night in Nov and wondering which was better, closer to pier, watertaxi, and car rentals ? Also do they supply shuttle service from the pier?
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2001, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: embassy or amerisutes in lauderdale

They are actually right next to each other with Embassy Suites being 1/2 block closer to the pier.

Both will pick you up at the airport and will take you to the pier in the morning.

I personally prefer Embassy Suites but Amerisuites is a newer hotel and is normally cheaper. I like Embassy Suites pool, breakfast and their rooms better.

There is an Outback steak house right next to both hotels along with two grocery stores, drug stores, liquor stores and other restaurants within about 1-2 blocks of the hotel.

They are also within about a 20 minute walk to the pier - we did this the night before we cruised.
Old August 21st, 2001, 10:51 PM
bow2stern

They are each a few blocks away from each other...and both "comparable."
The Amerisuites is in 17th Street, just behind the Outback Steakhouse. The Embassy is on Federal Hwy. & 17th Street.
There are many restaurants in the area. Two or three Italian, a Chinese, a Japanese, etc;
They're both about 10 minutes from the port.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 12:45 AM
Lady Jag

We've stayed at both and I prefer AmeriSuites. It's comfortable, clean and most of all, NEWER. The Embassy Suites rooms are falling apart and desparately need renovation, in my opinion. The atrium is beautiful though, but for the price difference, I would choose AmeriSuites.

BTW - Try the Hops Restaurant on 17th. It's just a couple blocks from both hotels.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Stayed at the Comfort Suites. Very reasonable and new. Shuttles to the pier.
Old August 22nd, 2001, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

i have stayed at amerisuites..when we arrived for the precruise,there WAS a bellman to take our luggage....the floor we stayed on was a smoking floor, which my husband [needed]... the floor absolutley reeked of smoke.which is to be expected but it still took me aback..the room ,funny enough did not smell....when we left for the port.there was NO bellman and the TWO luggage carriers were no where to be seen..come to find out ..a guest took it and put it in his room till he was ready to check out,so be prepared to shlep..the price is usually right,so thats a good thing.....
Old August 22nd, 2001, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Trip -

We ran into similiar situation. I requested a double non-smoking room and they gave me a one bed in smoking. It took an hour to straighten out before I finally got what I wanted. Then there were no bellman or luggage carrier so I had to carry all the luggage to our room and then back down the following morning. It was inconvenient to say the least.

My other problem is that I booked the hotel for a November stay and they charged my credit card for a May stay. I have been fighting this with my credit card company for four months and I think I finally won. Amerisuites in FLL would not return my calls in order to straighten this out.

To make a long story short - I am staying at Renaissance in November. They were cheaper than Embassy Suites.