Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2001, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Default NEWS FLASH

The 'infamous trio' of Pamda, Mgram and CrusieAholic are soon to replace the famous 'Three Musketeers'!

This trio, now dubbed the 'Three CruiseMates-a-teers' are in negotiations for a full length feature film.....when will they ride again? One never knows when these three fearless cruisers will meet up again and wreck the havoc they have been known to wreck..
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: NEWS FLASH

I'm not too sure that I'd want to be there when it happens.....but it might be a hoot!
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Well...here's the oldest member (by 6 months) of this looney-toon trio reporting in (sure the 2nd oldest is still snuggled in her jammies[T-shirt], but will report in later).
CA, we really need to get together to make some plans for a rampage.......if you would stop spending all of your vacation time on cruises, you could fly down here...or you would have been home when I was in YOUR territory! Mgram...senior/Matriarc
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Well...here's the oldest member (by 6 months) of this looney-toon trio reporting in (sure the 2nd oldest is still snuggled in her jammies[T-shirt], but will report in later).
CA, we really need to get together to make some plans for a rampage.......if you would stop spending all of your vacation time on cruises, you could fly down here...or you would have been home when I was in YOUR territory! Mgram...senior/Matriarc
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Oops...too much caffiene this morning!
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Either that or not enough caffeine!
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Ok...so I spelled it incorrectly....why doesn't this thing have spell check. I used the default ' I before E '.......too lazy to look up......knew it didn't look right!
Mgram
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Here is the middle Mate-A-Teer reporting in at an early hour. Because this is such a serious and important project, I thought I should get right on it.

It is important to understand that a huge support staff will be required for this undertaking.

I rather like the visual of Anne sitting in one of those tall director's chairs, covering her eyes when things get out of control. Her pet penguin is firmly seated under the chair.

I see Paul, wearing a Panama hat, in one of those cherry-picker jobs screaming at the continuity people through a megaphone. "Get that flipping moose out of the shot !!!"

Obviously, that would be Kuki bucking for a gig as Best Supporting Moose.

We will need someone to write the screenplay. Perhaps Paul B. could do it for us in verse? Imagine him accepting the Oscar for Best Screenplay? "Really, it was nothing. It just got verse and verse!"

Robo will, of course, be Director of Security. There's nobody better at details than Donna, so she will run the continuity department. Mary Lou will head up Human Resources and be available to break up fights among the cast and crew.

There are many other important positions to be defined and filled. Volunteers gleefully accepted.

The film will end with a stage direction borrowed and mangled from The Bard of Avon as appears in A Midsummer Night's Dream

Exit, State Left, followed by Moose.

[Mgram: I before E except after C or when sounding like A in neighbor and weigh. Exceptions are weird and foreign.]
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

This should be a hoot! What a great group.

DeniseZ
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Never learned that part pamda.....remember I am not only SHORT, I have a short attention span! ....people with no sense of humor...this is all a JOKE....I am NOT being flamed for spelling errors!!!!!!! Mgram
Old August 31st, 2001, 12:54 PM
Cynthia

You folks are GREAT!!!! I love starting my day off with cruise talk. i am a first timer, not yet sailed away on that giant SHIP, but i am excitedddddddd. The day is near Sept 22, 2001 Century. Wish me luck or is it wish me fun If you have any pointers on do's and don'ts Please e-mail me sunsetsingeorgia@yahoo.com Y'all take care now ya hear.
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default The Trauma of Being Typecast

How can my career ever take off if I am constantly cast in the Moose part?? Surely there must be other opportunities for we antlered ones?
I once got the part in small Christmas film, where I got to conceal my identity by wearing a red nose. While it was a bit of a stretch, I pulled it off beautifully.

If we can find the financial backing, I'd love to see this film set in the Hawaiian Islands in May 2002 <G>

Kuki... who just happens to know there is a CruiseMates Group Cruise to Hawaii in May 2002.
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: The Trauma of Being Typecast

Oh, yes, your Kukiness !!!

A bunch of CMs getting lei'd would be an ideal opener for the film.

Perhaps we could hold auditions sometime in late October ???

Film at 11:00
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:59 PM
Admiral

But, is Kuki ready for the OUTFIT challenge with CruiseAholic (should I be able to attend?)????

I seriously doubt it !!!!
Old August 31st, 2001, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

CA.. to this point my "outfit repetoire" has been restricted to all variety of thongs. Well, admittedly one time I did exceed that limit doing an Anne Campbell impersonation.
But I DO believe my team of CM seamstresses would MooseT certainly be up for a challenge.

Could we be preparing for the CruiseMates version of Rock, Paper, Sisscors?

The judges could be the trusted CM "Let's get Lei'd " cruisers led by the ever trustworthy and impartial Pamda. The looser would be forced to wear any outfit chosen by the winner, and parade it around the pool deck on the last sea day before reaching Vancouver.

Borrowing from the words of Fruit of the Loom grape
.. I believe the guanch-let has been thrown

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 31st, 2001, 06:34 PM
Palm Trees

Does this mean I'd have to comb my hair to be in your movie?

Olga ~~ with the extra-crispy hair that can never be combed ~~ on my way to being a Rastafarian look
Old August 31st, 2001, 07:31 PM
Capt'n Queeg

I certainly think that Mrs. Kuki should be the wardrobe mistress. At least that would be better than having CA in charge of costumes! He would probably drag out production way beyond what is reasonable.

I will volunteer to develop the score. I think that Billy Joel's "Captain Jack" should run under the main credits. Even though the setting is to be Hawaii, we will give Don the heave Ho.
Old August 31st, 2001, 08:40 PM
Familiar Face

If this movie shoot takes place in Hawaii in May, I strongly suggest making sure you're there on May 1. That's Lei Day in Hawaii, and a fine time is had by all!
Old August 31st, 2001, 08:55 PM
sailinglisa

Does this crew require the services of a nurse to soothe and mend those nagging little injuries? If so, I'm in!!
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:42 PM
Palm Trees

"Lei Day" sounds good to me? Are there restrictions as to how many leis one receives? Or do people "lei" each other randomly? Never had a "Lei Day" in New Jersey...at least not a formal one.
Old September 1st, 2001, 11:15 AM
Dave B.

A little to soon tfor me to be able to tell if I can go yet. Depends upon bookings At the old dj company. But I would love to be in charge of sound post prodution etc.

As long as i get "lei'd" with the rest.
Old September 1st, 2001, 11:24 AM
Admiral

I can certainly predict that my services as underwater scenes director and pool rescue are going to be required. AND I have not ever officially been "lei'd". In Hawaii that is. Parties don't count do they? lol