Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2001, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Meeting Old Friend U've never met

Today is going to be an interesting day!

I was contacted by cruisemates, living in Australia, who are passing through our fair city enroute to a train ride through the Canadian Rockies, and on to the Ocean Princess for an Alaska cruise. So, I'm picking up the Aussie cruisemates at the airport, and have arranged a suite for them at a friends hotel, to enjoy their two night stay in Cowtown, Alberta.

I'd have had them stay at my hotel, but the room with the window was booked already<G>

I'm very excited. It's going to be another case of one of my favorite things about CruiseMates; meeting old friends I've never met before.

Regards,
Kuki.. who highly recommends this mode of vacation.. meet Kuki, train through the Rockies, Alaska cruise
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2001, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Meeting Old Friend U've never met

Hey Moose Man,
That is just wonderful of you to take the time out and arrange all that, I know he will just love this visit. It sounded like he was a little reluctant about the whole trip, but I'm sure he will have many stories to tell :-)

PS: Tell him Donna says hi.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 2nd, 2001, 03:32 PM
Gaile

Kuki,

I'm sure you will give him a "Great Big KUKI Welcome" and that is enough to make anyone comfortable. Once again your soft side is showing.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety
Old September 2nd, 2001, 08:05 PM
cruzdiva

That's wonderful Kuki. I've met fellow cruiselovers from England, back when we were all on that board we won't talk about anymore. Cruisemates didn't exist then so we all had a good excuse. I know I've met some wonderful people on the internet, you and Donna included. I know parents of teens have terrible fears about stalkers on the internet, but when you get sensible and old, , you just seem to meet great people. I hope everybody really enjoys their visit.

Carole
Old September 4th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Lady Jag

I'd love to go coast to coast on a train in Canada! One of these days....
We're meeting our cruising friends ("Tracey" and family) for the first time next year on a cruise we're taking together. We've known each other for almost 2 years and never met! Can't wait to meet them and share in their love of cruising!