Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Default Anyone stayed at Renaissance in FLL

I have booked a pre-cruise stay in Renaissance by Marriott in FLL before our Grand cruise.

It is a brand new hotel and we booked it through Princess.

Anyone stay there yet? How was it? How are the restaurants there?
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2001, 06:34 AM
dsawyer

Default Re: Anyone stayed at Renaissance in FLL

Hi Theresa,
We haven't stayed there but we saw it in April before it was completed. It looked very nice and it is close to the docks. Our taxi driver pointed it out to us and commented that it was going to be a really nice hotel. Let us know how you like it. Also what kind of a price did you get for this hotel? Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Admiral

We ended up booking it through the cruiseline for $169/person for two nights and that includes taxes, etc. . .Also includes transfers because it was booked through Princess.

I normally book my own hotel but Amerisuites and Embassy Suites were very high the week we are sailing (Thanksgiving). By the time I added tax - it would be just as easy to go with this hotel through the cruiseline.

I think I saw the hotel in February when we drove to the pier. It is sort of near the bridge, right?
Old September 4th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Dave B.

Downtown Vancouver is quite easily navigated Everything is located within walking distance of Canada Place but its a bit of a walk to the Ren. Nice Hotel. I would try the Waterfront It's right across the street from the Cruise ship terminal. Also very conveniant to Gastown & Sky Train. There are 4 staions in the downtown area of Vancouver. Waterfront, Cruise shipe Terminal, Burrard, Main Section of Downtown, Granville 4 blocks west of of Burrard, Lots of shopping, Stadium/Sciance World. Then you start heading out to sub-burbia. . Metrotown is one of the largest shopping centers in the area and all on the Sky Train Route. Also Westminster Quay, In My home town, is very popular. Whil if you grab the sea bus and go accross the harbour there is also Lonsdale Quay.

You can do all this for $5.00 unlimited day pass on Transite. Even durring our transite strick this last summer the Skytrain wa still running. Most people localuy didn't pay because theoreticaly they where on strick. Honerary fare system.

Have a nice stay. Bon Voyage

May the wind be at your back & the sun Shinning?
Old September 4th, 2001, 08:47 AM
First Mate

I haven't stayed at the Fll Rennainsance, but stayed at the one in St. Petersburg, Fl and it was a wonderful hotel!! They had Bed & Bath Works products in the room and since then I have been hooked on the lotions. I'm sure you'll love this hotel.
Old September 4th, 2001, 09:50 AM
First Mate

Ops, sorry I mean't to say Bath & Body works products.
Old September 4th, 2001, 08:40 PM
dsawyer

Theresa, I think you saw the right hotel. Its not on the beach but close to the docks and bridge. Let us know how you like it. By the way we are sailing on The Golden that same weekend and leave Fort Lauderdale one day before you. Come down to the pier and watch us sailaway! May we both have a wonderful cruise.