Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2001, 01:55 PM
binkie

Default future cruise plans

Considering the new security measures that we will all surely be facing, how much time do you think is reasonable to allow for when disembarking from a ship in Ft. Lauderdale? How much time at the airport? We have a Sunday flight next month leaving Ft. Lauderdale around 11:45 AM. Wonder what the odds are of making this flight? Any thoughts? I totally refuse to allow these terrorists to cause me to change my plans.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: future cruise plans

Hi Binkie,
I'm sure it will take us all longer to get on flights at the airports, just how much time, we'll have to wait and see. I would sure hope you'd be able to make that flight. As soon as more people are flying this and next week, we'll know more about the time and security.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 14th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Admiral

I'm in the same 'boat', we have a 12:20 flight out of Ft Lauderdale after Thanksgiving, was wondering if that is too early. I double checked with Princess, earliest recommended time for a flight home out of Ft Lauderdale is still 10:30 am, my guess is that they will have you off the ship earlier.
Old September 14th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

During the next few weeks, getting thru the airport is going to be a mess. However, you can expect the airlines to be working triple overtime to smooth out the process as much as possibe. Their bottom line...their pocketbooks...is going to be hit very hard what with frightened consumers and the shaky economy.

The transportation industry can go the Midway route and just shut down. Or they can find a way to adjust. My money's on the eventual adjustments. My sympathies go to those who will be the test cases as adjustments are developed.

JimM

PS: I gave up thoughts of booking a Panama Canal cruise this winter. Hopefully some adjustments will be in place by the time our Hawaii cruise comes up in May.
Old September 14th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Admiral

We have a 3:30 flight after our Grand cruise Thanksgiving weekend. I had wished it had been an earlier flight but now am now not complaining.