CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I'm putting everything in perspective today (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/257606-im-putting-everything-perspective-today.html)

martinimomma September 17th, 2001 12:00 PM

I'm putting everything in perspective today

Just got handed a severance package and told my job has been abolished, along with that of my boss, a senior vp for government affairs...but this opens up alot of doors that were closed earlier...I have time to travel, I have time to finally get my office at home in order. With what has transpired in our country in the last week, this pales in comparison. Wanted you folks to know that I won't be reachable at bcasey@realtors.org, but will get back up and running as soon as hubby fixes the motherboard that blew out during our Med cruise in August-- along with the surround-sound stereo!!!! I just laugh now, no reason to get upset over such trivial matters!!! God Bless you all, and keep cruising. More later. Martinimomma!!!!!

Carole September 17th, 2001 12:04 PM

Re: I'm putting everything in perspective today

It never fails.
This is a bad year all around, so I am glad you are keeping good thoughts.
God Bless.

Anne Campbell September 17th, 2001 12:32 PM

We Americans are quickly learning how resilient we really are, when faced
with personal and national loss. I admire your spirit ... come back with your new e-mail and let us know how you are.

Good luck!

Anne Campbell

Seabis September 17th, 2001 04:36 PM

Hey Martinimomma
Sorry to hear about the job. But your right, last week has put a lot of thing into perspective for millions of people around the world. Still at least it gives you time maybe you will even get back to Capri when it isn't so crowded.
Best wishes for the future.

Bill

Mgram September 17th, 2001 05:05 PM

Sorry about your pink slip. But like you putting it all in perspective, our minor tropical storm damage just didn't seem so important in the scheme of things in relation to the horrendous week we've had. Mgram

CruiseAholic September 17th, 2001 07:10 PM

Another opportunity will come knocking, but don't let it stop you from the January festivities here!

Donna September 17th, 2001 07:34 PM

Hi Martinimomma,
Sorry to hear about your job, but may-be like you said it may be a good thing??
Its kind of funny how some things that only a week ago would of been absolutely awful is no "big deal" today?? Yes, putting in perspective, is different now, I'm sure you will find something else to do and may-be you will like it better, I hope so, do take care and thanks for your post :-)

DOnna
Tuesday Chat Host