Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2001, 08:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer
Default Stacking Cruises

In July Kuki asked who is stacking cruises. At the time Jose and I only had one booked, what he was calling a small stack, and it was a long way off, April 4, 2002. Well, today we graduated to a medium stack! We just booked the Carnival Pride 6 day Western Caribbean for Dec. 30, 2001, and we'll be spending our wedding anniversary in Belize!!!! We had really wanted to book another one in between April and now even before last week's tragedy, and after much discussion, we decided to go ahead and do our part to keep the economy moving. I am really excited, but I do have mixed feelings about "going on with life." I do feel, however, that it is very important that we not quit buying, traveling, and spending in general because there are other Americans out there whose livlihood is directly tied to our actions, so we did it and I am really excited!
jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2001, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Stacking Cruises

Congratulations, Jennfer! Isn't it great to have more than one booked at the same time? CruiseCam and I just cancelled our booking for the May 11th Zenith, but we still have two New Years cruises on the books.
Old September 21st, 2001, 10:58 PM
First Mate

Aren't multiple bookings fun?

I'm currently on what you call a medium stack and it's a short countdown. I sail in 29 days on the Ocean Princess LA to Mexico and in 61 on the Patriot around Hawaii. I fully intend to sail on both and not let recent events change my plans.

Best wishes to al, I hope your countdowns are short.

Doug
Old September 21st, 2001, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Dive -

So sorry you have cancelled Zenith! I hope you find something else to substitute for it. After all - one year is long with nothing inbetween.

We have the Grand in November and the Radiance of the Seas in June to Alaska.
Old September 22nd, 2001, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Ok Dive call me clueless again-- how do you have two New Years eve cruises booked when there is only one New Years eve ?? are the back to back with one ending on NewYears eve day and then reboarding the same day ? Inquiring minds want to know---
I will have to do with a short stack-- I'm with Theresa on the Radiance in June
Thank you Theresa
April
Old September 22nd, 2001, 12:44 AM
LS5099

April:

I think Divetex is saying they have one for this year and one for next year. Some mates book more than a year out.

LS5099
Old September 23rd, 2001, 01:45 AM
First Mate

Went on the Infinity Inagural in March. Just got off the Ecstasy (Labor Day), going on the Summit Nov. 23rd, the Golden for New Year's, The New Carnival Legend-Sept. 5, 2002, and the Carnival Conquest for Jan 12, 2003.
Never had such a stack, and lovin' it!
Old September 23rd, 2001, 10:15 AM
First Mate

I have a baby stack, one in Dec of this year and then one in Jan. 2003. But I am thinking about asking my husband about a short one 3-5 days for Summer 2002, but I will still be in the baby stack with only two.