Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Alive and Well

I just flew from Phoenix to New York, Newark to Paris, Paris to Newark and New York to Phoenix. Despite the concerns about safety everything went exremely well.

I am not generally a nervous flyer, but I have to admit that for this trip I was pretty jumpy in the beginning. I spent more time scrutinizing my fellow passengers than I normally would, but after awhile I realized that I had forgotten my fears and was feeling like my old self on the way to great escape.

Flying was remarkably smooth. Whatever delays the extra security created (and there wasn't much in truth and I would have felt better with a little MORE security checking), were mitigated by the lower passenger loads. On all my flights I had a vacant seat next me which added to my comfort. Onboard service was fast and courteous. The planes left on time and arrived ahead of schedule due to fewer flights jamming gates and runways.

Fear aside, I can't remember when I have had an easier trip. And now the fares are even lower.

I wouldn't presume to tell you to "put aside your fears" in this uncertain world, those feelings are entirely your own, but speaking for myself I found this to be a great time to travel and I am thinking about booking another air ticket right away while the prices and passenger loads are still so comfortably low.
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2001, 04:41 PM
Chyna_c

Default Re: Alive and Well

Welcome back Paul!!
Old October 4th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Paul,
A lot of posters have been wondering what its like to fly these days and I'm glad to hear you found no problems, hopefully more people will take to the skies and book those cruises they have been putting off.

Glad you are home safe and sound, now lets hear about the trip :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 4th, 2001, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear your air travel was "uneventful". How was the great escape anyway?