Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2001, 12:28 PM
ReefLover

Default Webcam addiction

OK...am I the only one that checks the RCI and Princess webcams each day to see where the ships are, and to yearn to be on them in the places they are? I'll probably be watching every day until my cruise in 7 months.

Here's something that's a lot of fun (going on now as a matter-of-fact). The Miraflores Lock on the Panama Canal has a web cam. All princess ships have webcams. Currently the Ocean Princess is in the lock. Go to http://www.grandprincess.com/ipix/ships/ocean_cam.html to see the view from the OP, and http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html to see the view from the lock-cam. Put them up side-by-side on your desktop, and watch the crossing from two angles :-). The lock-cam operators are really good. They move with the ship, and can zoom in close enough to read a persons T-shirt (...and they do). The lock-cam refreshes every 5-seconds, and the OP-cam refreshes every 60.

Have fun...

Reeflover
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Webcam addiction

Nope, you're not the only one. The Panama canal web cam is really a lot of fun as it zooms in and out on the ships. You can make out people's faces as they out on deck. Sigh...so close, yet so far away!

I especially love to keep track of the ship web cams when someone I know is sailing on them. Keep an eye on what kind of weather they are having!
Old October 5th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Admiral

On every cold winter day I log into the Princess web cams and follow the fleet around the warm weather and blue water. In and out of the cansl, around the caribbean and up and down the Mexican Riviera. A quick dose of sun and blue water and knowing my next trip is no more than 6 months away gets me through the day.Nice to know I'm not alone.
Old October 5th, 2001, 03:10 PM
First Mate

I've been following the Regal Princess lately as my parents are doing the Vancouver-Osaka run. Looks like they had poor weather for the 5-6 day run across the Pacific, I hope it wasn't too rough. They should be hitting land soon.

Have also been checking in on the Sea Princess as I'm sailing shortly myself.
It is fun to dream you're on the ships!

Doug
Old October 5th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Reeflover,
Nope, you're not the only one, was watching the Panama Canal one today, very cool stuff.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 5th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Donalee

Thanks for the web addresses of the cams. Very interesting. Didn't know they had one. Is there any web cams for Carnival ships? Donalee
Donalee

Thanks for the web addresses of the cams. Very interesting. Didn't know they had one. Is there any web cams for Carnival ships? Donalee
Donalee

Old October 5th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Donalee

Donalee

Donalee

Donalee

Old October 5th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Donalee

Old October 5th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Donalee

Default Uh oh, sorry guys

I am going to blame this on my dumb computer okay!!!! lol Donalee
Old October 5th, 2001, 07:51 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: Uh oh, sorry guys

Donalee - as far as I know, the Princess ships, The Voyager and Explorer of the Seas, the Crystal Harmony and Symphony, the NCL Sea, Sun and Sky, P&O's Aurora and Pacific Sky are the only cruise ships that I know of that have bridge cams "or ship cams."
Old October 5th, 2001, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default fav webcam

the webcam i've been watching for the past few months is

www.borabora.com/webcam/index.htm

that will show you the waterfront in papeete, tahiti. these days, you can see the Renaissance Cruises R3 & R4 docked on the waterfront. they've been there since the day ren went belly up.

the cam resets every minute, so you will actually see the day turn to dusk (used to show festive lights draping the ships, but i haven't seen if that is still the case with recent events...)

it's my fav webcam because, even with the demise of Renaissance cruise, I WILL get to tahiti one way or another!!

tim meredith
louisville, ky
Old October 6th, 2001, 02:19 AM
First Mate

Default Re: fav webcam

Didn't think of doing that myself! Just another neat thing to do while I wait for our spring cruise. Though I'd much rather be ON a ship, planning the cruise, the anticipation (I have to fill that time with this sight, looking at brochures over & over - I always know the ship layout before I board because I'm OBSESSED!), & the memories just add to the whole experience. Now I need to stop & write down these cam sights! Thanks!
Old October 6th, 2001, 10:34 AM
First Mate

If you want to go to one sight and see a variety of port cams including the Papeete CAM with permission from Tahiti Nui Travel and all of the ship cams...go to <http://www.kroooz-cams.com> . Ship cams include itineraries for each ship so that you can tell where you are each day as well.
Old October 6th, 2001, 03:40 PM
missmac

Wow! I love it! Just makes me want to go now! I have definitely bookmarked this webcam sight!
Old October 6th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Tim Meredith

that krooz-cam.com is an even better site than my "borabora.com" one... it has sooooo many choices from around the world.
i guess i will have to watch all the 'cams (in addition to papeete) and see where my future travels will take, in addition to tahiti.

thanks for the heads up!