Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default Toga Parties

The thread below about Sock Hops made me wonder about Toga Nights aboard ships. I have heard toga parties mentioned on the bbs and wondered which ships have them. Costa maybe? Anyone dressed in their sheets aboard ship? Talk about comfortable....and no dressing up for formal night!
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2001, 10:35 AM
DisneyBlonde

Default Re: Toga Parties

RCCL's Explorer does...but I've heard her sister ship Voyager does not. (waaaaa!)

Diz

Voyager - 12/2
Old October 10th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Palm Trees

Did the toga night on the Costa Victoria. We were with another couple who ABSOLUTELY said they would NEVER, EVER wear a toga ~ how ridiculous! Well, guess what? We came into the hallway with our sheets on and the other couple laughed so hard, they went back in their cabin and put on their sheets with our assistance. Many people (60%?) wore "sheets" to dinner with tiaras and olive branch headgear. It was a great night.

Olga
Old October 10th, 2001, 04:01 PM
sailinglisa

Reminds me of back in high school - Animal House was the big movie and Toga parties were all the rage..............(I know I'm dating myself here! lol)
Old October 10th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, its true they do have a toga party onboard Explorer of the seas, unfortunately they were out of toga's when we went to the pool to pick them up Did see many people wearing them, even to dinner :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 10th, 2001, 07:48 PM
susancruzs

The Toga Party on the Atlantica in March was just the best. I enjoyed it, lots of fun. I sat at a table with an elderly couple who had been on many Costa cruises and they wore their togas. I cheated and made one to take with me. Everyone was asking me where I got it. The best one was a man with his "cheeks" hanging out! You had to look twice to realize they were not the real thing. The whole night was hilarious and some people were incredibly creative with their sheets. I'd do it again in a minute!
Old October 15th, 2001, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Guess this is a late reply, but the Grandeur of the Seas had a toga night this past March. Not too many people participated & it was a shame. There was, however, one large table of men who wore their's and they had lots of attention. All in good fun. I think Costa just about REQUIRES you to wear it to get into the dining room, & they have done if for years. My hat is off to them. Sometimes we are too hung up to have fun! At least RCCl is trying!