Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default An Anniversary

September 11, 2001 -- October 11, 2001

Is your glass empty? Is it full of fear and intimidation? Or is it an opportunity?

JimM

PS: By the way, cruisin's a great way to get away and think about where we go from here.
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: An Anniversary

Jim,
I certainly understand people's fears following the 9-11 tragedy and in these stressful times. However, I'm with U... I believe u have to LIVE life!

This hit home to me even more yesterday when I learned of the death of a dear cruise friend. The most gentle and delightful man one would ever want to meet. I considered he and his wife my "Florida family", and I loved my pre cruise nights in Florida because it meant I got to see them again.
His passing had nothing to do with any of the horrific events. It only had to do with the, sometimes difficult to accept, cycle of life.
I, and his MANY friends will miss him terribly, and while we'll shed tears for him and all the innocents who have lost their lives, we'll toast him when we're cruising for New Years. A cruise he was scheduled to join us on, and surely would have if able.

Unfortunately none of us are given the foresight to know when our lives will end. And while the risks are possibly higher now, to do anything less than LIVE during the time we are given would seem to be a waste of a precious gift.

To my dear friend Dick... be well in Heaven!

Regards,
Kuki
Old October 11th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kuki ==>

> Unfortunately none of us are given the foresight to know when our lives will end. > And while the risks are possibly higher now, to do anything less than LIVE
> during the time we are given would seem to be a waste of a precious gift.

Very well put!!!

We join you in your celebration of Dick's life. He sounds like a truly remarkable person.

JimM
Old October 11th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Mary Lou

Kuki:
Very well said. I'm very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I hope others will take heed in what you said. Life is too short......live it to the fullest!
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old October 11th, 2001, 09:53 PM
Gaile

He was truly a Gentle Man. We'll definitely join you in a toast to his memory.

Life is short, Enjoy it while you can.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety
Old October 12th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Admiral

My sentiments as well. Make each day count. Life is a gift we all have for a very short time....do something postive with it.

Kuki: Sorry to hear about your friend. I'll bet he'll have a few toasts raised to celebrate his life, during your new year's cruise.