Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Default Check your flights - NOW!

All 4 of my flights for Thanksgiving have been cancelled as of today for my Grand cruise.

United was anything but helpful.

If you have flights in the near future - please reconfirm ASAP!

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2001, 04:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to ChrisC
Default Re: Check your flights - NOW!

Flying my son to join us in Atlanta for Thanksgiving, can't find anything about flights being cancelled. (different airline though) Did United call you?
Old October 15th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Admiral

United is rearranging their flights starting today through Saturday.

My cruise TA (NancyB) heard the annoucement and emailed me. Orbitz still has not notified me of the change.

I was able to rebook out of Omaha but barely!!!!!!!
Old October 15th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Wow...bet that got your heart pumping this morning! Looks like we all have got to stay on top of things now, for sure. Glad you were able to rebook. MGram
Old October 15th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Theresa,
Thanks for the warning, still waiting on my air for the Golden New Years cruise, wonder what I will end up with???? Glad you were on top of things, who knows what would of happened, good for U!

Donna
Tuesday chat Host
Old October 15th, 2001, 06:26 PM
First Mate

Sounds like you always have trouble with the air Teresa! Good thing you have the extra day to make sure you get there.

It's nice that I'm near several large airports and have many more options than you have. Sure would be nice to live by the port and just have to get on board. Have you tried talking you Mom and Erin into relocating to Florida?

Doug
Old October 15th, 2001, 08:18 PM
Admiral

The person I spoke to on the phone at United said the numbers were 33%. Regardless - my flights in November were drastically adjusted and were "unflyable" - missing connections, 5 hour layovers, etc. .

Surprisingly we were able to rebook through Expedia for flights from Omaha but could only do it through Expedia. When I called the airline direct - they could not book them - they said the plane was full. So I quickly booked them on Expedia and did get a confirmation.

Orbitz - who I orginally booked through was not helpful at all. It will be a long time before I use them again!

Doug - I wish we had more flight options/airport options but we don't. We are sort of stuck here in LNK.

---------------------------

United Airlines Confirms Previously Announced Schedule Changes Taking Effect Oct. 31, 2001
Updated:*Mon,*Oct*15*5:06*PM*EDT

Current quotes (delayed*20*min.)
UAL 18.75* +0.12*(0.64%)
Quotes

CHICAGO, Oct. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) today confirmed its previous announcement that it has adjusted and improved its flight schedule to better match projected customer demand.

Commencing on Oct. 31, 2001, as previously announced (Sept. 28), United's new schedule will consist of 23 percent fewer available seat miles and 27 percent fewer departures, both compared to levels prior to last year. Total scheduled departures for a typical weekday beginning Oct. 31, 2001 will be 1,654 flights down from about 2,400 before Sept. 11 and about 1,850 today.

The new schedule will see a reduction in very early morning and very late evening flights to better meet customer needs. Additionally, United believes the new schedule will offer customers improved flight options throughout the day. "We are focusing our flights on the peak hours when business and leisure travelers want to fly," said Kevin Knight, vice president-planning.

United Airlines and its sales and reservations staffs, working in concert with travel agents and corporations, have pro-actively begun the process of contacting those customers impacted by revised schedules for travel during this period.

More than 2 million customers have flown on United Airlines since service resumed in mid-September, the carrier reported.
Old October 16th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Mary Lou

Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my flights with USAirways and the rep tells me that USAir already adjusted their schedules. My flight into Ft. Lauderdale has been changed, but only by about 15 or 20 minutes. The flight home is a little earlier now. I guess I should just be happy that I still have flights. Good luck to everyone who has to deal with these changes.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old October 16th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

What a pain that must have been for you Theresa. I must say United was most helpful when we needed to reschedule our flights our of Regean to Dulles for our Century cruise last week.

DeniseZ
Old October 16th, 2001, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Hey Denise,

The reason United didn't seem that helpful was that they did not have any flights to change us to that didn't include an over night layover. Their only solution was "spending the night at Ohare". Thus, I was very frustrated.

Our airports are small here and have few flights out - you are lucky to live next to 3 major airports with hundreds/thousands of flights. We have only a couple.

Theresa
Old October 16th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Lady Jag

Oh Theresa! I'm SO sorry to hear this! I know it's the last thing you want to deal with! I was thinking you did Princess' air program, but I guess you didn't. What are you going to do? Would a train work? Or maybe a train to STL and then a flight from there?