Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Incredible Story from WTC disaster!

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:38 PM
sailinglisa

Default Re: Incredible Story from WTC disaster!

That is one great story - animals have a great capacity to survive - and mama cat sure made sure her babies were well fed! I love the names they were given.
Old October 18th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Too bad they have all been given away. The gray one was quite cute. But Major Tom, Wilbur, Bertha and Slash might have gotten their tails out of joint.

Cats DO have nine lives, don't they? Wish we all did.

pamda
Old October 18th, 2001, 07:01 PM
Admiral

I am surprised the rescue dogs didn't find them!

Wonderful story.

Theresa
Old October 18th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

As much as I like cats, here's another story I posted on our church's Rememberance page...

Out of the darkness of September 11th have come stories of heroism, hope, and a strength of character that this country hasn't seen in some time. One story that struck me was about the daycare center that was about 100 yards from the WTC towers. The ladies that ran the center had instructions to go to 7 World Trade Center in case of emergency. After hearing the explosion and seeing the debry rain down, something told them that they had to write their own rule book that day.

Some of the ladies grabbed an infant under each arm. Some kicked off their heels so they could move that much faster, herding their young charges away from the disaster, away from the World Trade Center complex. They had no idea where they were going -- they just had to get away.

After about a dozen blocks, they came upon a hispanic headstart program. Sheperding their children inside, they found a vacant room and put everyone down for a rest. This gave them a chance to "count noses." By no small miracle, other than some sore feet, everyone was safe and accounted for.

Then the truth hit -- what about the parents? How would they find their children -- if they survived? Cell phones began to buzz. Not only was each and every child OK, each and every parent was found and reunited with their children.

There are those who would have us believe that Sept. 11th was God's wrath. If that was the case, how and why could He be so selective? How would a God who has been so logical in developing this universe be so illogical in deciding who survived and who didn't? No, it was choice. From an evil choice made by evil men has come disaster AND ever so many signs of God's goodness. Personally, I find it a lot easier to build upon His goodness.

Jim Muller
Old October 19th, 2001, 08:56 AM
First Mate

I know cats are enduring when it comes to survival. I have a cat family of my own: 5 in all.

Sam, the middle one had gotten outside and we did not know where he was. I searched the house and the yard, my husband watched the side of the road to and from work. I was a mess for those three days!

And then one day when I had given up hope of finding him, we found him! He had a broke leg and some wounds, but he was alive.

Don''t know how he survived but he did, he had found a small opening in a log!