Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Hucc

Default My TA Kicks Butt

My TA has done it again. Out of the blue, I got a call from her, and she informed me that I've been upgraded to a Category AA minisuite on the Grand Princess. This is the third upgrade in two months!!!

First was BC to BB. Then BB to AC. Now AC to AA.

I'm keeping the fingers crossed, because the next one would be an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite (I can dream, can't I?). *smiles*

*Joyful Leaps*
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: My TA Kicks Butt

I would have a permanent smile plastered on my face Think we all need a TA like yours!
Old October 25th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Congratulations! When is your cruise? We are going on the Grand in Feb and have BD Guarantee. We were upgraded once to BB then the next time I looked on the website, we were BD again. ( Still hoping! If you get the Penthouse, maybe we can get your minisuite!
Old October 25th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Hucc

February 3, 2002 is our cruise. When's yours??

That downgrade scares me a bit. Didn't know they did that. Hoping it was a fluke.

Good luck with getting more upgrades. Maybe a minisuite next!
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, our cruise is the same date. Now I am wondering whether to change TA/s. I just called Princess and asked why we got changed back to BD and was told my TA had called them and said we wanted the lower price rather than that upgrade. She has not told me the price went down so I am upset. I would think she should have asked me if I wanted the credit or the upgrade. I have not confronted her yet--want to get some prices other places. What would you do?
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:47 PM
sailinglisa

sara - call your TA and ask her why she declined an upgrade without checking with you first. That is the first step - if you want the upgrade, tell the TA to call Princess and tell them she (the TA) made a mistake and see if you can get the upgrade back. Then, depending on the result of that, you can decide your course of action.
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Hucc,
Great news for you, something I never hear of, I'd keep that travel agent for sure, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 25th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Lisa I plan to contact her to find that out and to ask why she never told me the price went down. It has been over 3 weeks ago that she did that and I have had contact with her since then about the air portion. She could have told me then. THis is what she said in Email about why we went from BD to BB then back again: "Your final cabin assignment will be given to you 7 days prior to departure. From now until then your cabin assignment may change. That is the reason why I didn't advise you of your upgrade. The cruise line inventory is always changing, so cabin assignment is not always final until the week of sailing."
Old October 25th, 2001, 08:45 PM
Hucc

That email is true... kind of. It's not the practice of the cruiselines to downgrade your room after giving you an upgrade. This is truly your TA's error in judgment.

Since the cruise is still over 60 days away, you can cancel without penalty (the TA may try charging you a penalty, though). But, I would make sure you get at least the room you want for less than you're paying now.

I wish you luck. I'll see you on the cruise, I hope!
Old October 25th, 2001, 11:25 PM
Yeoman

I need a new TA. If you would, will you forward my e- mail to her? wayneandlinda@webtv.net Thanks!!!!!
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:39 AM
Hucc

Linda, check your email.
Old October 26th, 2001, 10:40 PM
Looking for a TA

Please let me know the name of your TA. Sounds like you have a good one.
Old October 27th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Talked to the TA today and it was a misunderstanding. The upgrade was worth 30.00 but the price decrease was 100.00 so she thought we would rather have the 100.00. She thought the rate/desk had sent us notice or contacted us. She said we still might get an upgrade. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old October 28th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Hucc

*fingers crossed* for sara