Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2001, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Thanksgiving plans??

Halloween has passed.. The next BIGGY is Thanksgiving!!
Thanksgiving isn't a major holiday up here in Canuckland, the way it is in the U.S.
And it's passed already.. different date as well.

But, last year for American Thanksgiving we were cruising with 480 of our CruiseMates buddies, and I really enjoyed the family feel of the way this holiday was celebrated in the U.S.
It seemed everyone stressed family and being together without all the trappings of Christmas gifts etc. Just seemed to focus on being together, which I really liked.

With the situation of the world these days it seems like a perfect time to have such a holiday!!!!

SO, I'm wondering what everyone is planning for their Thanksgiving this year???

Regards,
Kuki
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2001, 02:56 PM
Linda T.

Default Re: Thanksgiving plans??

On Thanksgiving our whole family gets together. My family and my husbands family. Even my ex-husband and some of his family will be here. We'll try to squeeze about 20 people in my 4 bedroom house for a few days. This year I will only be back from my cruise 3 days before they will all pile in. talk about a rush job. I don't know how I'll get all that food cooked, I usually start about a week before.
Old November 1st, 2001, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

For the past 25 years, Thanksgiving has meant getting together with our best friends and preparing enough food to feed three third world countries. This year is going to be different. The children are off to the in-laws this year so the four of us are going to find the most glorious Thanksgiving dinner we can find...just so long as someone else does the cooking and cleanup. (Dallas has some great 5-star restaurants.)

There will be about 18 of us for Christmas dinner. So we'll get our share of leftovers then.

Make ti a good one...JimM
Old November 1st, 2001, 03:27 PM
Admiral

The traditonal "Pamsgiving" will not take place this year. For 15 years, Queeg and I have fed the flock on Wednesday evening then leapt away for a few days off just as soon as the pots and pans were clean.

This year, we will be cruising.

And I won't have to clean up.

pamda
Old November 1st, 2001, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

The family festivities will be held at our home. I will be cooking for my parents, two sisters and their families and two of my children and their families...only my oldest daughter will be missing as she will be going to my son-in-law's Grandmother's in Kentucky.

DeniseZ
Old November 1st, 2001, 03:50 PM
sailinglisa

I'm working..............then go home to have dinner with Dad, sister, brother, his fiance and my dog.
Old November 1st, 2001, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

November 22 Helen and I will be aboard the Norwegian Dream docked at Genoa, Italy. I am sure the galley will have turkey with all the trimings. And just think we will not have clean up the kitchen.

Ray
Old November 1st, 2001, 04:29 PM
Yeoman

Just having Thanksgiving with my husband. We are using our vacation time for our cruise in December, only 38 more days, so Thanksgiving is just going to be the two of us in our new home. Hopefully, we can find a small turkey so we aren't eating it until the cruise
Old November 1st, 2001, 05:32 PM
Fla Jack

For the very 1st time we will be away on Thanksgiving-At sea on the Summit-Regards Jack
Old November 1st, 2001, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

This year I have to go into work for a few hours, then get home and throw the turkey in the oven. Family will arrive shortly after, mom, brother and his family and this year our daughter and her new husband. Kind of the same thing, but just a little different :-) This Thanksgiving will definately be a little different I think for everyone, we really do have a lot to be thankful for.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 1st, 2001, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I'll do Thanksgiving for the crew here, My Dad will fly in from NJ...Trenton actually...and my brother will be over from St. Pete area and sister and her husband and inlaws will be over from Cocoa Beach. And my father in law will join us. Everybody brings something so it's not a big deal. This will be our first holiday without my mother in law as she died in May so that aspect will be hard. It will be a time for reflecting .
Angela Z.
Old November 1st, 2001, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Will be sailing on the Grand Princess! Just wanna sit on the deck of the ship with a JackD in hand!
Old November 1st, 2001, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Author: CruiseAholic (204.91.206.---)
Date: 11-01-01 18:02

Will be sailing on the Grand Princess! Just wanna sit on the deck of the ship with a JackD in hand!

CA.. u might want to make that Wild Turkey for Thanksgiving ..
Old November 1st, 2001, 09:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

We don't know Jose's schedule yet, so no firm plans, but some part of that 4-day weekend will be spent in northern Arizona with my parents. Old age and declining health are creeping up on them, and they're just not up to the drive from Flagstaff to Mesa and staying away from home where they have all their old people amenities. I do have one brother and his family who live in Flagstaff also, so there will be some sort of family gathering. My dad is looking forward to grilling some very special steaks on whatever day we're all able to be together. So maybe it won't be a traditional Thanksgiving, but it'll be a together Thanksgiving. The older they get and the more their health declines, the more that togetherness comes to mean and the less anyone cares about exactly what's on the dinner table. Of course, Oscar, the Shih Tzu was the first to receive his invitation! ! We wouldn't dare show up without him!
jennifer
Old November 1st, 2001, 09:50 PM
rebeljohn

My wife and I usually spend Thanksgiving week with relatives in Marco Island, Florida, but this year we will spend Thanksgiving week on the Zenith. On Thanksgiving Day, we will be in Cozumel enjoying our time together WITHOUT the kids!!...John
Old November 1st, 2001, 10:32 PM
Lady Jag

Ours are a bit unusual this year. We're celebrating my parents' 50th wedding anniversary at Disneyland. The whole family is getting together for a day of fun and then a dinner together in Downtown Disney. We're staying at the new Grand California Hotel for 3 days so we have plenty of time to enjoy BOTH sides of the park (new Cal. Adventure side and the Disneyland side). Can't wait!