CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Favorite Food (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/257944-favorite-food.html)

sailinglisa November 1st, 2001 09:09 PM

Favorite Food

What has been your favorite food on cruises? I have been on 5 so far and my favorites are:

Tournedos Beef Divalos, Prime Rib, Bread, chocolate/almond wafer dessert on Celebrity.

Any pasta, bread and the Princess Love Boat Dream on Princess.

How about you???

CruiseCam November 1st, 2001 09:24 PM

Re: Favorite Food

Actually any dessert is my favorite!

There is also a spinach salad served on Princess that is to die for.

Unfortunately, one of my other favorites is on a cruise line that is not one of my favorites. NCL serves yummy cold soups.......almost taste like eating melted ice cream. YUM! Since I don't think I'll ever be sailing NCL again, I would love to have their recipes.

Sounds a little like all I like is sweets, doesn't it??? :o)

Carole Bensley November 1st, 2001 09:27 PM

Lisa, don't you know that Tournedos Beef is steak that's been run over by an Oldsmobile. Beef Toranado :)

sailinglisa November 1st, 2001 09:38 PM

LOL Carole!!

JeffStern November 1st, 2001 09:38 PM

The Cuurasco Steak, Friday night dinner, aboard the s/s Britanis..........

Divetex November 1st, 2001 09:42 PM

How's this for a dinner?

Conch fritters (Celebrity)
Chilled blueberry soup (NCL) or Vichyssoise (Princess)
Bread - any (RCI)
Green salad with crawfish tails and nuts (Princess)
Prime Rib (Celebrity) with baked potato
Rum raisin ice cream (Princess) and Key lime pie (Celebrity) and ice coupe (NCL)
Cappucino (Princess) or coffee with Bailey's (any, the coffee's all lousy anyway)
Iced tea (RCI) or St Francis Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay(RCI)
Piña Colada (RCI)

sailinglisa November 1st, 2001 09:44 PM

CruiseCam - check out www.cruiselinecuisine.com - they have some great chilled soup recipes!

heatherbc November 1st, 2001 09:49 PM

Gosh ! How can you go wrong with Divetex's selections ? Only thing I would change is they would all have to be Princess.............seeing as Princess has my next to reservations !!

Divetex November 1st, 2001 09:53 PM

Hey, it's Thatch'n Thelma, the BC Babe! How y'all doin', Heather? You and Mr. Shopper gettin' cold up there yet?

Skoal

heatherbc November 1st, 2001 10:07 PM

Ha Ha

We are just comfy cozy thank you !! "Thatchin' Thelma" ??? I need a new board name, but my gosh.............y'all gotta come up with somethin' betterin that, eh? :-))

I think a contest is in order.

CruiseAholic November 2nd, 2001 07:31 AM

M A S H E D P O T A T O E S !!!!!

Jennifer November 2nd, 2001 08:05 AM

Key Lime Pie on RCI

jennifer

Flyrod November 2nd, 2001 09:07 AM

I just loved the roast duck we had on the vision of the seas. 18 wheelers really make those steaks tender.

rocster November 2nd, 2001 10:07 AM

That heart shaped desert on Princess, and any desert that HAL makes!

DougH November 2nd, 2001 10:08 AM

French Onion soup on Princess, along with their pizza

Doug

hamlet November 2nd, 2001 12:15 PM

I absolutely love the almond macaroon cookies on Princess!

So much so I'll even admit to asking for a stash of them at the end of the cruise so I can still have some when I get home.

pamda November 2nd, 2001 12:25 PM

The bread sticks on Celebrity

Palm Trees November 2nd, 2001 02:31 PM

The whipped cream swans on any line. Also, the lobster bisque on RCCL.

SeaFan November 2nd, 2001 03:30 PM

Everyone is doing great on the favorite food items; the fact that you remember the name is amazing.
Speaking from the vegetarian side I would have to say Princess has my vote on the best dishes, all though I can’t remember the names. LOL But I am like CA, I do love my mash potatoes.

michelle November 2nd, 2001 03:30 PM

The strawberry bisque soup on Carnival was soo yummy. They also had a great tenderlion dish that I will butcher the spelling of Chataue Briant. It was a perfect tenderlion steak with some sauce over it. I can feel my butt growing just thinking about all the good food I will eat on my cruise in Dec. :)

pamda November 2nd, 2001 04:41 PM

Michelle and All ...

I wonder if it's just a chick thing when we sit there chowing down and can FEEL our backsides growing?

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor with quickly-growing anticipatory butt

Mgram November 2nd, 2001 06:43 PM

I have to go with Creme Brulee, flan and have to agree with pamda.....the bread sticks on Celebrity are the BEST.

Mgram

Luv2B@Sea & Mainecrui November 2nd, 2001 07:08 PM

The eggs benedict on RCI ... the cold soups on NCL (great but not worth doing NCL again)...the pizza on Princess...the 'Love Boat Dream' on Princess...bread on all of them...we'd say, that's about it, however, we all know there are just too many culinary delights afloat!

Lady Jag November 2nd, 2001 10:24 PM

pizza and caesar salad - life doesn't get much better. :o)

pamda November 3rd, 2001 12:59 AM

HAL's tiramisu is not to be sneezed at. I once asked for extra to be delivered to our cabin and ate three helpings for breakfast. I did have a slice of melon or two along with it just to pretend that I was "eating healthy."

And, OOOOOOOH the bread pudding on HAL. Snag a big bowl at lunchtime, take it back to the cabin and just FEAST on it.

Celebrity is the only line I know of, other than the really upscale ones, that will make basted eggs for breakfast.

Wow, I'm getting hungry.

I also LOVE the orange juicing machines on HAL.

I am REALLY getting hungry.

pamda -- serious foodie