Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default OH JOY!

I just realized I only have to work three days next week! We are off Thursday and Friday.
A FOUR day weekend!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:57 PM
MarieA

Default Re: OH JOY!

Thanks for making an otherwise ucky day a great one. I'd forgotten about that. Four whole days - yippee.
Old November 13th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I've been counting the hours until said 4 day weekend....hey...I don't have a cruise countdown going so this will be the next best thing. I know I just had a 4 day weekend last weekend but some people are never satisfied.
Actually I will have to work the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend but it'll be a fundraiser for the high school band....we can work a concession stand at the Citrus Bowl (I think it'll be a Univ. of Central FL. football game). Sometimes working there is harder than my real job!
Angela Z.
Old November 13th, 2001, 07:14 PM
sailinglisa

Sure, Carole, rub it in! I have to work Thanksgiving and the day after (that doesn't bother me except that the traffic helicopters start hovering over the area malls at 5:00 AM and I live about a mile from one of the biggest ones in the area.....just love waking up to the whop whop whop of chopper blades!!) as I hate shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will be done with shopping by next monday!
Old November 13th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sailinglisa,
How I envy you to be finished shopping by next Monday, good for U!! Wish I could get going, I actually did start, but have a lot left to do. Unfortunately I will be off the Friday after turkey day, but then work Sat. Then...have a whole week off, and plan to finish my x-mas shopping, at least thats the plan now :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 13th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry

All you lucky people with Thanksgiving and the day after off. I have to work extra long hours Thanksgiving week because so many people have taken off. I'll be working 6 days, off one, and then 6 more. They figure since I'm off for almost three weeks in December for a cruise, that I should fill in now for anyone who wants to take off. They're really making me pay for taking time off for this cruise!

Time to the Grandeur
Old November 13th, 2001, 08:13 PM
Mary Lou

Sherry:
Look at it this way....keeping busy will make the time fly by. Your cruise will be here before you know it.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old November 13th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, unlike most of you, I have to work next Friday. Off for Thanksgiving Day, work on Friday and then off again for the weekend. Somehow having to go back to work on Friday really messes up the long weekend. Oh well, that's what happens when you work for a Grocery store company. You people just insist on buying groceries!
Old November 14th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

I only have to work 2 days next week Took Wednesday off too as family will be coming in from OH and NJ. But, since I will be cooking for 15 for 4 days, I think I will really be working......

DeniseZ
Old November 14th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Hate to admit it, but I am taking the entire week of Thanksgiving off, to get some things done around the house. But believe me, I would much rather be ON A CRUISE!
Old November 14th, 2001, 09:19 AM
First Mate

I am off too!! Four day weekend, only problem is I have two papers due the following Tuesday. Yuck!!
Old November 14th, 2001, 08:58 PM
susancruzs

I'm suffering because I've been spoiled, this is the first Friday after Thanksgiving I've ever had to work and don't particularly like it but the extra double time pay will be nice. I've always gone to Iowa for T-time but this year part of my family is coming to my house so I'll have to figure out how to cook the bird but will probably let my sister do it!!! Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and one of these times I'm going to cruise at Thanksgiving! Susan Cruisin' with no cruise scheduled