Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Texas

Default CRUISE BLUES!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

OK, I'm very depressed today. I should be packing and headed to the airport first thing in the morning but I didn't go w/ my gut and book my cruise 4 weeks ago and now I'm sitting at home w/ the CRUISE BLUES!!!!

Long story short...husband left 15 weeks ago and I was going to treat myself to a cruise as a Thanksgiving vacation. I know the holidays are going to be hard w/out him. I tried talking two of my sinlge friends into going w/ me because in March my husband stood me up for a cruise and I ended up going alone so I didn't want to go alone again. My two friends are old maids and didn't want to go, (boy how you get out of touch w/ your friends when you're married and they're not) so I didn't book the cruise because I couldn't find anyone to go w/ me. Well, last week I just happended to mention it to another friend and she was disappointed I didn't mention it to her 3 weeks prior because she would have gone.

So I'm sitting at home today, depressed because I should be packing. Lesson learned. The sad part is the single room rates weren't doubled so single cruiser were booking at double room rates. So I could have booked the room and then added my friend when I found out she was interested. Always go w/ your gut feeling.

It's going to be a hard Thanksgiving. Keep me in your prayers.
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CRUISE BLUES!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Bummer. Sorry, Texas, what a shame.
Old November 16th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Sorry that happened, Texas. Get busy planning another one now that you know you can find someone to go. Go visit a local Assisted Living facility on Thanksgiving....there are always residents that don't have family and would love a friendly visit....you will be surprised how good you will feel for sharing yourself with others....know that you made their day! Take care...and check in with us often during the holidays! Mgram
Old November 16th, 2001, 09:41 PM
tnmdougherty

I feel for you Tex. I'm having just the opposite problem. I booked this cruise 6 months ago, and as it turns out we're going at the worst possible time for us. I'm so stressed out about getting all my ducks in a row, getting bills paid before I go blah blah blah. I keep trying to tell myself that everything will be fine once I get that "welcome aboard" drink in my hand.

In spite of what I just said, my advice to you is to just Book It! Talk to your other adventurous friend and set a date; there's really no wrong time to cruise.

Good luck to you!
Old November 16th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry

I'm sorry your cruise didn't work out, but everyone is right about booking one. I usually get the cruise blues after a cruise is over. The best thing to get rid of them is to book another one and then spend time researching the ship and the ports. It makes the time fly and it's cruise time before you know it.

Also, I work at an assisted living facility and I know that visiting people there would be very much appreciated, especially on a holiday. You wouldn't believe how many people don't have any relatives and the holidays are very difficult for them. Also, like mgram said, you won't believe how it makes you forget your troubles and lifts your spirits.

Good luck to you.

Time to the Grandeur
Old November 16th, 2001, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Texas,
I live in Arizona, but if you were here or I were there, you'd be at OUR table for Thanksgiving dinner! I know that terrible feeling of getting through those post break up days. The others have good suggestions about how to pass your Thanksgiving, and they're right when they say go ahead and book that cruise! You'll be in my prayers.
jennifer
Old November 16th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Hey Texas,
I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you'll check in often with the board for a cruise fix. I always think these things go these ways for a reason....sometimes I hate learning lessons but without the experience how do we learn?
Angela Z.
Old November 16th, 2001, 11:47 PM
sailinglisa

Texas - I agree with MGram and Sherry - go visit someone in a nursing home or assisted living facility. The difference you would make in their lives (and yours) is unbelievable. Or, go to one of the community Thanksgiving dinners that are run in yor community; you will meet a lot of people there, many in the same boat you are. If you were here in Wisconsin, you would be here at my house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope you book another cruise soon - it's the best cure for the blues!
Old November 17th, 2001, 10:56 AM
susancruzs

Thinking of you and if you were near NE Illinois you could come to my house. It's a "girls" T-time. My sister, her 19 year old daughter and myself, just the 3 of us. My sister moved to the UP and Becky goes to school south of Des Moines. She did not want to drive to the UP plus her friends are in Illinois so they are having a reunion at my place. I've always been single so I relate to that plus I'm always trying to find decent single rates! Go with your gut, I've made that mistake, too!
Try to find something to do and visitng others is a good idea! Send an email if you are lonesome! I'll write back!
Old November 19th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Texas

Thanks everyone, especially all the invites. A girl needs to feel loved. You guys and gals are great!!! My family's getting together for the holidays so I'll be plenty busy. 6 siblings, 3 nieces and nephew, and of course mom and step dad. I've been put in charge of the macaroni and cheese. I'm make the best mac'n cheese in TEXAS!!! Thanks again everyone for your advice and words of encouragement. I'll keep in touch.