Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Christmas Cruise

OK, I'm done lurking!!! I have less than two weeks till my Christmas Cruise on the Millenium. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. It finally seem real, ya know? We got the docs yesterday.

This will be our second cruise. We went on the Century a year and a half ago and, of course, are now hooked. We will be: Myself (this hurts) 53, my husband, 55, our daughter and friend, both 26.

I can certainly understand why people get hooked on these boards, too. Cruising is so contagious!!

Thanks for listening to my excitement. Had to vent!!!

Norma
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Christmas Cruise

So vent away, Norma! Welcome to the world of posters. Lurk mode will never be good enough again...yeah, right. Anyway, sure good to see you posting, and hope you do so again soon. You're going to love the Millie. (And boy, do I understand your "pain"- we're also in our "fabulous" fifties, but we've been in 'em longer.) Y'all have a great cruise, and tell us all about it when you return.
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you so much! We met some wonderful friends from Texas on our last cruise. They were our table mates. Most were from San Antonio. We still keep in touch.

Wonderful people, those Texans!!

Norma
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey Norma... Welcome Aboard!!!
With a cruise coming up in just two weeks, I don't know how the heck you kept quiet until now. Especially on the Millennium. She was my favorite cruise so far. Kind of an ugly duckling on the exterior, but the inside wows you.
Have a terrific cruise and very Happy Holidays!
Be sure to come back post cruise to tell us all about it.

Regards,
Kuki
Old December 9th, 2001, 02:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

What a great message board!! I've never felt so welcome. Thanks so much. I'm sure I will be hanging around long after my cruise is over (sigh!) Well, I'm not going to think about that yet.

I am glad to hear that you liked the Millenium. One hears such mixed reviews, ya know?

Thanks again for the welcome.

Not that it matters, I guess, but I am from Michigan. We have been having great weather, for December, but the Caribbean will surely be better.

Norma
Old December 9th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Welcome aboard Norma! Well....you got another Millie lover here....been on her twice! You will love the experience, I'm sure.....as for that 50 thing...yeah.....midway through it myself....another 4 weeks and the see-saw tips to the down side.....kind of like 'hump day' in a 5 day work week.

Glad you decided to join the fun .... we ARE a wacky bunch!

Mgram
Old December 9th, 2001, 09:13 AM
susancruzs

Welcome, Norma, from a former lurker!!! Where in Michigan may I ask? My mom was from da UP and my sister just moved up to Nahma (small but it is on the map!). I'm from NE Illinois and also a member of the 50's bunch (54)!!! This is a great board and a really wonderful group of people, a little strange at times (self included) but lots of fun! I'll be anxious to hear your impressions of the Millennium. Enjoy your cruise, let us know how it is and definitely, post often! Sue
Old December 9th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Carole Bensley

Welcome Norma!
Congrats on the upcoming cruise - LUCKY DOG!
No clock here ticking away, but we do have a little something planned for Christmas....nothing as grand as a cruise, but will get us through the holidays!
Welcome aboard and stay awhile.
Old December 9th, 2001, 10:22 AM
sailinglisa

Welcome aboard!!!
Old December 9th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Glad you de-lurked yourself, this is the best board on the Internet, much more information within the site than any other site I've found.

You'll love the Christmas cruise, did one several years ago and nothing like it.

You'll also love the Millie!
Old December 9th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Hi, Norma and welcome to unlurked status !!!

Plenty of good advice and opinions around here ... I agree completely with CA on loving the Millie.

pamda -- Cm First Cruisers Editor
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Norma,
to the boards! Glad to have you posting here, enjoy your cruise and be sure to post again afterwards!

Enjoy your Christmas Cruise:-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Welcome aboard Norma!!! So glad you have shared your up coming cruise excitement. We are truly harmless just a little nutty. I feel truly blessed to have had the great fortune of meeting some of these fine people face to face. So please post often and join in the fun.
Old December 9th, 2001, 08:30 PM
dezertcruzer (jennifer)

Norma,

WELCOME! And so glad you decided to quit lurking and join us! Don't those docs in your hand feel grand! Jose and I got ours yesterday too, and now it really seems like it's going to happen! Have a great cruise, and continue to join us when you get back. You need the board to feed your habit between cruises! ! Glad to have you with us!
jennifer
Old December 10th, 2001, 01:01 AM
Passenger

My husband and myself are going on the Galaxy x-mas cruise. So excited we talk about it all the time. Hope you enjoy your cruise.
Old December 10th, 2001, 02:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow!!!

I am now a convert!! This board is absolutely the best! So many nice people welcoming a newcomer. Thank you!

Hope all of you enjoy any upcoming cruises also.

Sue, we are from Richmond, MI., which is halfway between Port Huron and Mt. Clemens. It is about 40 minutes north of Detroit, in the "thumb area".

I will have to find out where Nahma is. I haven't heard of it; but will be sure to look it up now.

Guess I have really come out of "lurking" mode, huh? You guys are right, you need these boards to feed the addiction between cruises. I never thought I would get hooked; but here I am.

Thanks again for the awesome welcome. You guys are the best! I will certainly let you know how the cruise goes and hope to hear about yours as well.

I am trying to learn to get used to the 50s thing, but it isn't easy, ya know? I still feel like 35. Oh well, as they say, "You are only as old as you feel". Wonder if 12 is acceptable?

Norma
Old December 10th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Hi Norma! Glad you came out of lurk-mode. Have any questions about the Millennium? Quite a few people around here have sailed her. You will have a fantastic cruise. May I wish you an early Bon Voyage!?!
Old December 10th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Travelnut367

Welcome Norma,,,,,,,I too was in the lurk mode for awhile,,,,but finally "came out" a couple weeks ago,,,,now I can't get enough of this board,,,,,it helps to feed my habit,,,,till I can get a dose of the real thing that is. Which will be in Jan for me. Don't know if I can wait that long. I know you are gonna have a great time,,,,those last couple days are the hardest to get thru. Hope the days fly by for you. JO
Old December 10th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Travelnut367

Oh, forgot to say that I am also from Mich. Or should I say usta be from Mich. I grew up in the AA Ypsilanti area. but now live in southeastern Va. It's warmer here. !!! JO