Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Dale

Default RCL Legend or Regal Princess?

Hi Everyone,
There are some terrific bargains going down here (Australia) on 14 day Aust/NZ cruises so get ready to be bombarded for advice. Best deals seem to be on Legend of the Seas or Regal Princess. I wasn't planning a cruise, if I go this will be one of those last minute grab a great deal situations.

Can you give your opinions on whether to go now, or continue saving for another cruise when I have someone to travel with and more money for an outside cabin. Also, if I do go which of these ships would be better considering the following.

I will probably have to go alone-can't organise anyone to travel with me at such short notice, however even a single is only around $800 US for an inside cabin. Is either ship better for a woman travelling alone?

Inside cabin advice, please. I can choose either a midship low deck smaller size cabin or an inside guarantee which the chance of a larger cabin. I am concerned about sea sickness as I know the seas can get big around January, so I am leaning toward booking a definite cabin midship.

Do inside cabins feel a lot more claustrophobic than outside?

Unfortunately, I still have no experience of cruising so any advice appreciated.Some of you may remember I was going on an Alaska cruise last September with my sister-in-law. With the horrific events of September 11, for many reasons, we cancelled. Since then I have regularly read your posts and it feels good to hello to you all again.
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2001, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: RCL Legend or Regal Princess?

I'd take the bargains and cruise!

Hard choice as to which ship, have been on the Legend and the Regal's sister the Crown.

I'd go solely on price here...but go....
Old December 17th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from Sydney-Auckland (11/29-12/13) on the Regal Princess; our 49 cruise, and 2nd on Princess. Hard-pressed to find a better cruise! Itinerary is great, but if you get the least bit seasick, consider midships on lowest level for your cabin. We were on deck 10 w/ a balcony (can't do without our own private sailaway party every day) and noticed fairly rough seas only 2 nites out of the 14; luckily this doesn't bother us! If you're going as a single female ( a friend of ours went with us as a single...we hardly ever saw her except for meals and sailaways, she was so involved with other cruisers) you should have no problem as long as you're not hesitant to get involved and meet people. Be sure to play the trivia games (you'll be part of a team, many times they get together later for drinks, shore excursions, etc) and any other group get-togethers that interest you. Lots of chances for line dance classes, wine tastings, singles get-togethers. Enjoy!
Old January 4th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Dale

A big thank you to CruiseAholic and Sandy.
CruiseAholic, I took your advice and booked! Legend was the best deal, so I'm sailing on her.

Sandy, Thanks for your advice on travelling single, I was hesitant at first so reading your message was a great help. Now I can't wait to head off on my first cruise.