Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Default Great hotel in Miami!

Hi Everyone -

Just returned from Explorer of the Seas. I flew down the night before I sailed and stayed at a great hotel - the Miami Intercontinental Hotel at Bayside.

I booked the hotel from their website (there are two in Miami - the other at the airport) for a rate of $109/night. This included either a free upgrade, 50% off the second night or a free breakfast for 2.

It did not include transfers which I paid $11.00 for supershuttle from the airport and $5 to the pier.

This hotel is truly beauiful. Four star hotel! The rooms were decorated in "Miami Art Deco", my room overlooked the cruiseships - I had an excellent view on 12th floor. Half the rooms appear to have a view. Staff was excellent. Rooms were wonderful - large marble bathroom, large room, etc.

The pool area (on 5th floor I believe) is very beautiful with a nice jogging trail near it and a pool side restaurant that over looks the cruiseships and the bay. The pictures of the hotel on their website do not do this hotel justice.

Friday night we took a short 5 minute walk down a nice path to Bayside shops/restaurants. Felt very safe walking from hotel to Bayside. We went shopping and ate at the Bubba Gump's restaurant. Bayside had some great holiday decorations, holiday events, singers, etc. . going on that night.

On Saturday - we took advantage of the free breakfast. We chose the gorgeous buffet (top notch) which was priced at $18/per person. This was comped for us. They also have regular items to order from the menu. THey had fresh squeezed orange juice, and everything else a great buffet has. Definitely not the same buffet you would find at Embassy Suites (another hotel I love) or any of the other hotels I have stayed at.

I had never heard of this hotel until my TA mentioned it. She was surprised at the rate I received. I have no way of comparing this to the Hyatt or Marriott that many cruisers stay at but I can say this was a wonderful hotel and I will be back the next time I sail from Miami.
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Captain

Default Re: Great hotel in Miami!

Thanks for sharing with us about this hotel. Sounds very nice and a good place to keep in mind.

Really happy you enjoyed it so much!