Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Default Kute Holiday Story for Christmas Eve

Was instant messaging with my Daughter a few minutes ago....last night they went outside after dark and there were 5 deer standing in the cul-de-sac. When the Kute Kid (3 next month) saw them, he said "Oh Mommy...are they Santa's reindeer???" .... she replied something like "I bet they are"! He watched them with wide eyes for about 10 minutes before they scampered off into the woods. "Where are they going, Mommy?"... "Maybe Santa called them.", she replied as his eyes got even bigger!!!!!!!! How magical for him!!!!!!!

I had a similar event when I was 5, only with Santa. We were driving home from my cousin's house late at night....when we spotted a LIVE Santa high atop a hill with a flood light shining on him ..... he was waving and yelling "Merry Christmas"..."Ho HO HO" etc. I told my Dad to hurry home....I had to get to bed.......however sleep evaded the whole household that night.....every few minutes I would wake them and ask....do you think he has crossed Chain Bridge, do you think he has turned onto Glebe Road, do you think he is on Lee Hwy....and so on (I was fairly precocious and knew the well traveled route by name). As you can tell....it is something I NEVER forgot.

Mgram
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Kute Holiday Story for Christmas Eve

Hi Mgram,
Very kute story, thanks for sharing :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 24th, 2001, 10:27 AM
weluv2cruz

Cute story, mgram! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and Don! Let's try to get together after the holidays, OK?

Your friends,

Linda and Phil
Old December 24th, 2001, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

WOW, that must have been exciting for him, and a special memory for your daughter to treasure. When my oldest daughter was about 3 we were living with my parents as Bill was stationed over seas on an unaccompanied tour. Back then the phone company still owned the telephone on the wall. On Christmas Eve day the repair man had to come out as the phone was out of service. Well, this fellow was a real life Santa Look-Alike. Like your Kute Kid, Mindy's eyes were as big as saucers. She really thought Santa was coming to fix the telephone. We still laugh about it. Don't you just love it...what the season is all about! Thanks for sharing Pat.

DeniseZ
Old December 24th, 2001, 10:59 PM
sailinglisa

To see Christmas through the eyes of a child, is to be reminded of what really matters.