Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Edel

Default Tahiti

Good morning all.......Has anyone ever been on the Crown Princess to Hawaii/Tahiti.If so how would you rate it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Robocop

Default Re: Tahiti

Have only been to Tahiti on Ren but I can highly recommend going anywhere in those islands! That place is to me the most beautiful place in the world! Just unreal and the people are wonderful!
Jim
Old December 30th, 2001, 10:29 AM
susancruzs

I went on that cruise in 99 and I would like to do it again some day! The islands and people are terrific, outstanding scenery, just super. If you don't have back trouble I highly recommend the 4 wheelin' jeep tours for a better look at the interior parts of the islands and gorgeous views! The Crown is not one of my favorite ships (just in looks, not enough windows but that's my own opinion) but the cabins are great, good sized even in lower categories, the crew, the food, pizza parlors, pastry place, all excellent. I would go for it! Sue
Old December 30th, 2001, 01:01 PM
First Mate

I did this one in Oct 1998 on the Crown and rate it it the top two or three out of my 16 cruises. Would do it again in a second if given the chance.

If you can either before or after the cruise spend some time in Tahiti, or more specifically on Moorea. Gorgeous island and easily reached by the local ferry. I spent 4 days here prior to my cruise and really was relaxed by the time I boarded the ship

The 4x4 tour on Bora Bora was great and I really enjoyed the short stop at Christmas Island. Be prepared as there is absolutely nothing here as far as facilities, just the Pacific as you imagined it.

Enjoy the trip.

Doug
Old December 30th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

I just left the Crown on Friday, Hawaii to Ensenada. Its a nice ship with a wonderful and friendly crew. I thought the food needed improvement. I suggest that you order the things you don't normally prepare or eat at home since your favorites may not be as good as you have come to expect. I thought the beef dishes (with the exception of prime rib) was tough and dry. Veal chops, scallops, king crab legs, and fish dishes were very good (lobster was overcooked). Hawaiian ports found free shuttles (even had a cab driver refuse to take me a place where there was a shuttle) very friendly people truly appreciative of our visit (and our dollars). The entertainment was very good. You will enjoy your trip, and I'm envious of the Tahiti itinerary.