Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2001, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default What Are You Doing New Year's Eve ???

(Wouldn't take make a great title for a song?)

We can all make our own educated guesses as to what will take place on the Golden. (Do you think CruiseAholic will dress as Baby New Year?)

Queeg and I are just going to sit around, watch a movie or two, and play with RoboDog.

pamda
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2001, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve ???

CruiseCam and I are going to stay home and try to catch up on chores. We'll probably spend the evening ironing and trying to stash the 2001 clutter that I don't take to Goodwill today.
Old December 31st, 2001, 09:11 AM
seamom

Seafood risotto, videos, champers...same as most years...except now our eight year old considers he's old enough to stay up to...........so back to PG at most for us!!!
Old December 31st, 2001, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

My daughter and son-in-law are hosting a party here at my house, so I am going to a party, here at home! Hope everyone has a safe New Years Celebration.

DeniseZ
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:01 AM
Yeoman

We might go out to dinner tonight if we can find a place open that we like. Two of our favorite restaurants are closed tonight (I can't figure out why they would be closed on the one night of the year people will pay double the normal prices). Otherwise we are staying home and going to watch the ball drop on TV, no way am I driving with all the crazies tonight. Tomorrow is cleaning and grocery shopping. Sounds fun and exciting, I know.
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:07 AM
sailinglisa

Curling up with a good book and listening to some cd's - chatting online with friends and then to bed before 10:00 so I can get up at 5:30 to go to work tomorrow morning. Really exciting, huh?!?! lol
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:12 AM
Frank_rim

Susan and I are having a dear couple drop by around 4PM. Most of the day will be spent cleaning up around the joint and watching football.

Tonight we will have a nice dinner at home and spend the rest of the evening watching TV and will toast one another at the stoke of 12 Midnight.

May the year 2002 be a much better world for all of us to live in and peace to all mankind!

Frank
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:16 AM
Chyna_c

I will be sitting and enjoying the company of my pup and thinking/dreaming of cruising in 2002! Hope everyone has a wondeful New Year!

Chyna
Old December 31st, 2001, 10:42 AM
Hucc

Going to a house party in the same town in which I live. Tomorrow, going to a New Year's Day party. This are not "keggers", but more adult in nature (and I'm not talking *adult*, but *grown up*).
Old December 31st, 2001, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Tonight we are doing a package deal at one of our local hotels,,it includes a room for the night (smart) and a big party,,,,dancing etc...also dinner and breakfast tomorrow. (if we feel like eating tomorrow lol) Hope everyone has a HAPPY and SAFE New Year's. Eat lot's of cabbage tomorrow,,,,for wealth,,,,,,can't remember the other stuff we'r supposed to eat.???? Jo
Old December 31st, 2001, 01:11 PM
Carole Bensley

Going to bed as usual and seeing 2002 when I wake up.
Who knows, we MIGHT stay up, watch the ball drop and go to bed.
I am likely to get a call from Maverick, so.............
Old December 31st, 2001, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Watching TV all evening with a large variety of snacks. We can't retire until after midnight even if we wished to do so, because people will be setting of illegal fireworks all around us.

Paul and Peggy
Old December 31st, 2001, 02:10 PM
First Mate

I've invited 4 friends over to eat, drink & be merry: one of us wants to get all dolled up; another wants to wear her jeans; another is coming right from work. So I figure I'll wear my Tweey slippers & tweety shirt, sweats, tiara I bought & slipper socks. We'll watch the ball drop & listen to the bells ring; probably catch the Boston fireworks on TV.

May everyone have a safe holiday, and a good New Year!
Old December 31st, 2001, 02:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to JeffStern

We were thinking of driving over the MacArthur Causeway to Watson Island; park facing the Port of Miami; and crying our eyes out because we're not on a cruise....
Decided to go out to dinner, and see "harry potter," instead.
Old December 31st, 2001, 03:16 PM
susancruzs

Going out to dinner with my cousin and believe it or not, I'm nervous about it because I never go out on New Years! She is an only child, doesn't do much over the holidays and really likes to go out New Years. This year her normal group from WGN cancelled so she and I are going to do it. Personally, I'd rather be curled up on my couch with some travel mags and my favorite drink. Have a safe evening everyone! Happy New Year!
Old December 31st, 2001, 04:14 PM
JimG

going out to our favorite local pub/resterant to see a better year in with friends. After ten they'll close and we'll have a private party in one of the back rooms. We live in a very small town (Mercersburg, PA) of 1200, so I'll be watching out for that 1 stray car I might see on the road.
Old December 31st, 2001, 04:53 PM
Lady Jag

Just the same old boring thing - watch a movie, play a heated game of Monopoly with the kids and watch my husband sleep. We'll all be jarred awake by the noisy neighbors who like to go outside at midnight screaming and beating on pots and pans for half an hour. Anyone want to trade houses tonight?
Old December 31st, 2001, 04:59 PM
Carole Bensley

I know someone who shoots their shotgun at midnight. :o)
No, not me.
Pots and Pans! Where's my bb gun? <grin>
Old December 31st, 2001, 05:08 PM
Lady Jag

Believe me, I've considered that too! But, in my thoughts, I was thinking more like an AK47! (Anything for peace and quiet!)
Old December 31st, 2001, 05:37 PM
Carole Bensley

Lady Jag - AK47.. Try a 155 Howitzer! That should keep them from banging those pans anymore.
We hear firecrackers on occasion, but usually it is pretty quiet.
The beautiful Catholic Church just 4 blocks from us usually has midnight mass and then rings the church bell at midnight, but just two weeks ago, it burned practically to the ground. This was a VERY OLD church, very beautiful.....like some cathedrals. They still don't know the cause. Hope it wasn't arson.
Old December 31st, 2001, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Doing a neighborhood progressive dinner....will be starting at 6 and finish up here at our house around 11p.m. for the midnight celebration......I was in a supporting roll this year (side dish for the main course).... until about 2pm....the 'midnight' couple is sick....so OreckMan and I had to scurry around doing the tidy-up thing to get the house ready for the 'unexpected guests'. Will try to have everyone out the front door by 12:15 and in bed by 12:30 ..... midnight is a tough stretch for all of old folks in FL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Mgram
Old December 31st, 2001, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Attending an annual party hosted by friends. Eating, visiting, fireworks. Oh, and maybe a few beers. Spent the day packing, cleaning, sorting, and toting. More of that scheduled for New Years Day. I would MUCH rather be spending my vacation time cruising!
Old December 31st, 2001, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Not much going on here at our house in Orlando. Had my father in law over for dinner this evening and a few rounds of cards after dinner. Would like to have an early night as Dave and I and our daughter are working at the Citrus Bowl football game tomorrow. (Her marching band can earn 10% of food sales and 6% of beer sales) We have neighbors who do fireworks all night so not very likely we'll be asleep before 12:30 or 1. Even though the football game doesn't start until 1pm tomorrow we have to be at the stadium at 9:30.....yuck.....
Angela Z.
Old December 31st, 2001, 09:30 PM
Palm Trees

First time in many years we've stayed home, ate at the local Chinese Buffet (ummmmm) and we're in comfy velour robes (Hugh Hefner and I'm the Playmate--wishful thinking). We'll have our midnight toasts and then.... This is actually nice, although I do miss the big overnight hotel extravaganzas we've done with brunch in the a.m. I think many of our friends also don't feel much like partying in the traditional sense. A time for reflection more than anything this year.

Wishing all of you a wonderful start to a brighter New Year!
Old January 1st, 2002, 02:03 AM
AUDREY

staying home we went out for lunch instead of dinner. I am going to dream land soon to dream of my coming cruise only 11 days awaon the . Sea Princess We get the eastern stations so I have already seen the ball drop in New York.