CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Snowing in NC (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/258544-snowing-nc.html)

re January 2nd, 2002 08:09 PM

Snowing in NC

It's been snowing for over an hour, they predict 8 to 12 inches. Sure hope their are no Cruisers heading south in the next few days, as snow removal is not a science here. Good Luck!

Travelnut January 2nd, 2002 08:15 PM

Re: Snowing in NC

Hi Re, Where in N.C. are you??? I am in s.e. va,,,close to Norfolk,,,we are supposed to get 8 to 12 also,,,,but nothing yet !!! I'm holding my breath. Jo

re January 2nd, 2002 08:31 PM

Hey Travelnut,
We live in the Raleigh Area.
Should finish here sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. Its a wet, compact snow that is already covering cars and streets. Our coast may just get a mix of rain and sleet. Don't hold you breath too long.
Marie

Theresa January 2nd, 2002 08:37 PM

We are so lucky - we have had only about 2" of snow this season.

Please keep the snow on your side of the US. We don't want it hear in the midwest. We do have the bitter cold (temperature is 6 degrees right now).

Good luck Marie! Hope you can stay in the house for the next couple of days.

Mgram January 2nd, 2002 09:03 PM

Stay safe Marie....watch out for the nuts on the road if you have to go out.
Mgram

michelle January 2nd, 2002 09:11 PM

You are getting all our snow from Atlanta. We only got about 2" or so but you would think it was a blizzard from people's reactions. Snow removal from airplanes is not an exact science here either. It takes them 45 minutes to de-ice a plane (doesn't it take like 15 in Chicago). A person called the local news station from an airplane on the tarmac saying they had been on the airplane waiting to take off for 6 hours. They had watched 2 movies and had not been fed. Talk about uncomfortable people.

Divetex January 2nd, 2002 09:18 PM

Well, we had some of those soft flakes here in Dallas today, but thank goodness it was 37 degrees! Y'all can have that shoveling. :o)

sailinglisa January 2nd, 2002 09:45 PM

We've had 1.2 inches of snow here in SE Wisconsin so far this season - about 20 below normal.....and it can stay that way!!!!! Please keep it all to the south! All of us northerner's just know how much all y'all love snow and ice!!

re January 2nd, 2002 09:56 PM

Just measured more than 2 inches already.
Michelle heard on the Weather Channel today that Atlanta only has 8 de-icers, that could be the problem.
No fear Mgram we are in for the night.

nieciez January 2nd, 2002 10:00 PM

Hey Re, how's it going......we are only suppose to get a dusting here in Fredericksburg, VA....we'll see....I have been known to shovel lots of dustings

DeniseZ

Travelnut January 2nd, 2002 10:33 PM

Well guys,,,it's just startingto snow here in Hampton Roads, Va,,we are supposed to get lots tonight,,,,,should be interesting. JO

re January 2nd, 2002 10:36 PM

Still snowing, they have cancelled school for tomorrow.
The snow shovels are at the ready inside the garage door, along with the ice melt.
The Radar looks like it's moving into Southern VA

Rick January 3rd, 2002 12:44 AM

Also snowing here in the Hampton Roads area, Virginia. expecting a few inches.....might not sound like a lot to some but a lot for us. Everything will shutdown......Our snow removal equipment consists of 3 ford pickups...each has a driver and 1 "good ole boy" in the back shoveling sand out <G>.

pamda January 3rd, 2002 10:50 AM

And I thought snow removal was bad in the Quaint State.

Back when Andy was a DJ I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during a big snow. He had to drive (about 30 miles) to work to tell people NOT to drive. Duh !!!

Somehow the idea of a DJ being "essential personnel" is a little hard to wrap one's head around.

pamda