Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:54 AM
alice

Default western princess excursion-dolphins

hi there first timer here looking for info onwhat to do at each port, excursions, how to book and what to do, expecially a dolphin swim. stops are princess cays, g. cayman, costa maya, cozumel

any help is great

alice
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:56 AM
sailinglisa

Default Re: western princess excursion-dolphins

alice: <http://www.dolphindiscovery.com> - check that out for Cozumel - but book as early as you can. Go for the swim over the encounter - much more interaction with the dolphins.
Old January 4th, 2002, 09:13 AM
DisneyBlonde

The swim at Chankanaab park looked very well organized.
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Carole Bensley

Alice,
If I remember correctly, that swim lasted about 1 1/2 hours including the instructions and video at the beginning.
There is an entrance fee to the park so be prepared. I think it was $10.00 per person.
This is something you will never forget. Book the earliest one you can get, so you can get back for the wedding. When we walked out of the park, there were cabs waiting to take people back to the ship. We were running late and we asked him to get us there quick......I don't think he used the brakes till he got there!
But we made it!
Allow yourself 2 hours to be safe. If you can book a 10 o'clock time, you will have plenty of time to get back to the ship, get showered and ready for that wedding.
I hope you have as great a time as Lisa and I did!
Old January 4th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Hucc

I'm doing this same itin. We are booked for the Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Everybody says it's a "must do".
Old January 4th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Carole Bensley

When we first got in the water with the stingrays, it was very intimidating. After just a few moments it was WONDERFUL - Like the dolphin swim - A MUST DO!!!
I was fortunate to have done both of those on our last cruise.
Old January 4th, 2002, 05:38 PM
sailinglisa

Stingray City is awesome! It is a little intimidating when you first get in the water - then when the first one brushes up against you that kind of freaks you out a little bit - but then it is so exciting you can't wait til they come up to you again.....Definitely do Stingray City and then go and visit one of the rum cake factories - free samples!
Old January 4th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Default sailinglisa

Is Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman??? Thanks
Old January 4th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Carole Bensley

Default Re: sailinglisa

Rick.
Yes it is.
:o)
Old January 5th, 2002, 12:31 AM
alice

Default Re: sailinglisa

rick for sting ray try captain marvins, cheaper than boat ive seen on the web site.