Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default "Survivor" - Who's going to win tonight?

Which Survivor deserves the $1 million? Which one will actually win it? Will it be the same person?

We can't wait to watch the 2-hour special tonight. CBS is taking applications for the next one to be held in French Polynesia (Tahiti) for those of you that want a free vacation. (I don't think I could live without my Diet Coke!)

Who do you think will win? We're hoping Ethan will win.
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)
Default Re: "Survivor" - Who's going to win toni

I think it could go anyway.....I never understood why they didn't vote Lex off a few weeks ago when they had the chance, him being such a strong contender. My favorites are in order: Tom, Ethan, Kim, then Lex. We will be sitting in front of the TV tonight too!

DeniseZ
Old January 10th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, but the Tahiti Survivor series has already been filmed and will apparently air this spring after the Olympics. Ironically, the Tahiti edition included a cruise; the production chartered Spirit of Oceanus to use as a base while filming.

However, just like you and me, it's not always smooth sailing. Here's a press release from the Tahiti Presse concercing those pesky port charges:

Survivor: "Spirit of Oceanus" cruise ship will have to pay the customs taxes
12/28/2001 : 18h14

The negotiation between the Manuia Production Company and the Minister for the Economy and Finances, George Puchon, which took place on Friday December 28th at12.30, in Papeete ended on a final judgement: « Spirit of Oceanus » cruise ship will have to pay 444 000 US dollars or (3,171million FF) of tax to leave Papeete harbour.

The cruise ship of the American television game " Survivor " which is prohibited to leave Papeete harbour. A cruising in the southern Pacific ocean with a hundred American tourists on his board is scheduled on december 31st 2001. The tax will have to be paid if the ship wants to leave.

The final word of the meeting says that the regulation of the customs will have to be applied. " We granted Manuia Production a special favour ", said the Minister for Finance George Puchon.
He explained: " Normally, since the international transit of Spirit of Oceanus lasted two months in Nuku Hiva, the clearance through customs should have been based on the value of the ship. »
According to the minister, no convention was signed for the filming of « Marquesas-Survivor », endorsed by theGovernment. This is why the Manuia Production company has to abide by the Polynesian customs regulation.

When "Survivor " made the decision to mobilize a ship in order to place its staff, the company had 15 days (between the decision taken and the arrival of the ship) to set up a convention within the framework of the lawful texts. Another meeting between the French Territory and Manuia production is not planned.

-----------------------------------------------
As for me, the next time I feel like grousing about port charges I will just repeat to myself "$444,000, $440,000" and realize I'm getting off cheap!
Old January 10th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Another warm weather climate....when are they going to do one in a cold climate wilderness? Siberia? Himalayas? Canadian Rockies or Alaskan wilderness? One of these areas during their “summer” season would make a nice change. What do you think?

DeniseZ
Old January 10th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Admiral

The short answer(it's cold here in the basement) is Ethan....though I would really like to see Tom get it. Mgram
Old January 10th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

I would really like to see Ethan win, I think he has played the game with a lot of class.
Old January 10th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Tom, you have got to be kidding. That good old boy is just to much. Alex, won the most exceptions and with that I think he deserves it.
Old January 10th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Admiral

The CBS Survivor Site has a poll going.....Ethan has 63.29% and second is Tom at 21.42%. Next is Kim with Lex being last.
Old January 10th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ken - why would I get an e-mail from CBS that said they were accepting applications for the Tahiti Survivor show? I hope they have already filmed it - I don't want to wait another 6 months before the next one airs!
Old January 10th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Beats me, Bobbie. Survivor IV shooting wrapped up just before Christmas on Taiohae, Nuku Hiva (Marquesas Islands) in Tahiti. Here's a link to some additional info on what's already known about the next Survivor series.

<http://www.bomis.com/tvclubhouse/discus/messages/9204/13259.html?1010345429>
Old January 11th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the link!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ethan won!!!!! Between the two last contestants, either one would have been a great choice. For the past two Survivors, the person that was chosen by the one who won immunity is the person who won. Maybe next time, the immunity winner will be more careful in choosing who goes to the final round with them. I would have made the same decision as Kim Johnson though. Ethan seems to be a very humble, decent guy. Congrats to him!
Old January 17th, 2002, 03:02 PM
love Ethan

Hey there -
Ethan and I were at Vassar College at the same time, though we only met in passing a couple times. (2,000 students at small New England private college).

He's a really great, decent guy. I'm glad he won.

As for having them film in a cooler summer region - I doubt they'll ever do it. Mark Burnett and the producers love the barely-dressed, skin and bones women. They'll never sacrifice ratings by taking the risk that their actresses might cover up and dress more warmly!!!