Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Korinne

Default Thanks Mgram & Emma!!

I sincerely appreciate your advice on the wrist bands for my sons!!
I definately will go that way then! Could you give me a clue how much they are? And will they have to keep them on during the whole cruise while they are sleeping or taking a shower or swimming,etc,etc? Should I put them on before we even get on the ship or wait til they get out to sea and see what happens?
I didn't experience seasickness myself on my first cruise,but from what you said Mgram about the seas being choppy once you felt queazy. So,just because I survived the first time does it mean that I could still get it on another cruise? Sorry for so many questions!!! I just want to be prepared,I hope you understand! Thanks! You all are such great people here!! I just wanted to tell you that! :-)
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Thanks Mgram & Emma!!

I have only been seasick on 1 cruise out of 7.....my last one on Millie this past April. The water was rough from FLL to Bermuda and I was miserable. I put on my Seabands, popped a non-drowsy Bonine and in a couple of hours I was FINE. I don't know which one worked......and I didn't stop using either one for the next 13 days to find out, either!

They must be worn at all times, except in the shower and pool...they are stretchy cloth...like a headband and usually grey. The boys may want to give it a go without anything to see how they do....it's a personal choice. Follow the directions in the package....but I think after boarding, but before sailing is the time to put them on if they don't want to know what seasickness feels like. I plan to NOT start out with them whenever I cruise again......I think it was a fluke...and our cabin location....fully forward facing on deck 6.

The last time I looked at Wal-mart, I think they were $7.99 ... but they shouldn't be more than $10. Walgreens and Eckerd also sell them, I believe.