Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2002, 07:03 PM
sailinglisa

Default What is your Dream Cruise?

What is the one cruise, if money was no object, that would be your dream cruise. For me, it would be a world cruise on any premium or luxury ship (either HAL, Celebrity or Crystal) - in a suite, of course, with an emphasis on places like Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, Africa, Europe. I guess I'm not a big dreamer! lol
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2002, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)
Default Re: What is your Dream Cruise?

Let's see.....

Realistic: 7 Day Disney Cruise with the whole family (kids & spouses and grandkids).

Fantasy: Same as Lisa's.
Old January 23rd, 2002, 07:56 PM
Winner

Antarctica on a really luxurious ship with lots of creature comforts and superb service/dining. And the company of all our cruising friends that enjoy off-beat destinations.
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:03 PM
Fla Jack

A 50,000 ton luxury ship with 500 pax.& 500 crew. Itinerary would be 3 days at sea/port/3 days at sea/port & then to change the routine 2 days at sea/port 2 days at sea/port/etc..About 45 days will do nicely Regards Jack
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:22 PM
First Mate

I'm with Fla Jack !!! But, in the mean time...........will have to settle for our 21 dayer in a couple of weeks !!! :-))))
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
Gaile

Hey Jack you have the right idea. Sure is nice to dream, but like the rest in reality I'll have to settle, the CM Hawaii cruise will be my next one and that's a pretty good alternative. Guess it's really not settling.:-)

Gaile
CM Host Tweety
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Fantasy dream cruise? Something like being on the Vision of the Seas in an aft corner suite with wrap-around balcony, with an itinerary something like Sydney - at sea - Cairnes - Great Barrier Reef - GRB - GRB - at sea - at sea - Palau - Palau - Palau - at sea - at sea - at sea - Fiji - Fiji - Fiji - at sea - at sea - at sea - Tahiti - Moorea - Bora Bora - at sea - at sea - at sea - at sea - Panama Canal transit - at sea - Belize - Roatan - Roatan - Roatan - Cozumel - Cozumel - Cozumel - Cozumel - Cozumel - at sea - Galveston.

Reality? Probably back-to-backs on the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti.
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:48 PM
susancruzs

Im for at least 45 or 60 days and to all those great places Lisa named. Just wish I had the money and the time, mostly the money!!! And definitely with a Premium Cruise Line in a suite so I can see how the other half lives! :-) Fun to dream! Susan will be cruisin' in reality on the Summit 5/13!
Old January 23rd, 2002, 08:51 PM
Chyna_C

Let's see, it would begin with a stretch limo ride to the airport with a driver who looks like Brad Pitt...then on board a large jet to sit in comfy first class seats...a very smooth uneventful flight to Grand Cayman for a pre-cruise stay for five days....then to board a posh ship..with a suite booked of course...starboard side....and a date for the eight-week cruise who looks like Harrison Ford.....and of course the ship's captain would look like Andy Garcia....the ship hop stop in ports the passengers have selected...and oh yeah..all of the cruise mates would be booked in suites on the same deck which has been re-named the "phun" deck...ahhh..(inhaling the warm breezes and listening to the gentle rustle of the swaying palms)

Chyna
Old January 23rd, 2002, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Lisa has nailed my dream cruise!!!!! Is there a 4th twin?....teehee

Mgram
Old January 23rd, 2002, 09:40 PM
sailinglisa

I'll be the fourth twin!!! I'll be the youngest and take the pressure off of CA!!!!
Old January 24th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Yeoman

Dream cruise would include all my family on a luxuary ship, but it would be casual dress for their comfort. It would be a non-smoking ship so my husband could enjoy any place on the ship he wanted (he is allergic to smoke). Probably a southern caribbean or a hawaii and tahiti cruise. Private lear jet to get us there of course.
Old January 24th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Hucc

Round the world --- 105 days ... NYC to NYC

dreamy!
Old January 24th, 2002, 02:07 PM
mjmiller

in fantasy world - around the world, at my own pace, stopping where ever I want to stop, with special emphasis on the South Pacific, Asia, Mediterranean, Hawaii, Alaska, Antarctica, on a premium ship such as Crystal, as a chartered ship, with only friends, family and crew onboard.

in reality - a Mediterranean cruise, preferably 2 weeks. But right now I have to settle for my week onboard the Carnival Triumph leaving this Saturday!
Old January 24th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

An 11 day cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver on the Celebrity Summit, where every cabin was occupied by a CruiseMates buddy, every cabin door and balcony were covered in imaginative decorations and the entire crew including officers and the Captain wore antlers.

Entertainment would be Robin Williams, Rodney Dangerfield, Henny Youngman, Victor Borge, Tom Green, and Gallagher.
Lounge entertainment would be Bob Marley, The Beachboys, Jimmy Buffet, and the Beetles.

And if all that happened, you'd better make that a 21day cruise <G>

Kuki.. who'll settle for pretty near anything else.