Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2002, 04:56 PM
jones

Default Sundream complaints

Does anyone have a complaint to say about the Sundream? My inlaws came back from a cruise in Dec and they had a terrible time on this cruise. They have cruised for a long time, and I was wondering if anyone out here would be able to say something about the ship. My inlaws had the following happen to them: 1) a methane smell in their room and out in the hall. 2) toilet was backed up with sewage and the smell from it was terrrible!! 3) people hogging the chairs(by using the towels to hold seats) for a very long time- like six hours!! 4) no service from the staff when asked about the above mentioned articles. 5) They are still waiting for the plumber to arrive and its january!! 6) no airconditioning in the room( found out that there was a problem regarding the temperature contols on the ship in the section of the ship that they had stayed in!) 6)the noise from a broken freezer that my parents had to yell at each other for most of the trip! 7) is there dumping of material overboard allowed in international waters like a deep freezer being pushed overboard by the ships crew in the middle of the night? 8) the changing of the money from us dollars to pounds then back. These complaints were mentioned to Sun Cruises and now it being debated by my inlaws and the corporations involved. Could anyone else who has traveled on the Sundream, I would love to hear from you regarding of the same experianceas mentioned above. Thanks and have a nice day. : )
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Sundream complaints

Can't help with most of those complaints, but the lounge hogs are on every ship and very few ships will do anything about it. As for all the others, I think they have a legitimate complaint - I can't imagine having to put up with that for more than a few minutes!
Old January 24th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Admiral

What cruise line - not familiar with that ship?
Old January 25th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Robocop

"T" That ship is owned and operated by Airtours Inc which is a British based corp and it is sold mostly to Europeans and some Canadians. The ship itself is a former RCI ship. CCL used to own considerable stock in that company but sold thas stock last year. I have had a friend that used to work for that company and even she said that very few Americans would like that cruise based on the entertainment, food, etc being geared towards the European mindset. The big complaint that she has that is well justified is the smell and that can most likely be attributed to the fact the ship is getting up there in age and is prone to mechnical breakdowns. Don't excuse it, but it does explain it.
Jim