Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Default What was the funniest or most embarrssing moment o

About 4 - 5 years ago my family and group of friends were on the Seawind. My dad didn't do his homework for this ship - no children activities and direct current. We didn't know and didn't read the brouchure that the ship used direct current. The second day into the trip a lady with us was using her curling iron and the iron bent over from the heat and some of her hair was burned- a patch of it came out. The night before a waiter brought his convertor to my parents cabin for me to use, I didn't iron my son's clothes nor mine before we left home. He told my mom not to move it because there would be trouble if she did. My son knocked the converter over and my mom inserted the prong into a hole and the converter started leaking oil and filled the cabin with smoke. This sailing was a couple of months after the fire on the Ecstasy. The enginer came to the cabin twice and asked if anything was burning, my mom had my dad to answer "no". She hid in the bathroom. A few days later in Martinque as we were walking to the ship by the water I stopped and stood on rock that had slime on it to touch the water and almost slid into the ocean. Another lady who was with me tried to pull me up and we both kept sliding. Finally my mom pulled us both up to the sidewalk. The funny thing is niether of them can swim. A couple of years later we saw him on the Oceanic and he teased us about the incident. That was one time when we were ready to get off of a ship. Sorry to be so long.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2002, 08:55 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Re: What was the funniest or most embarrssing mome

I have tried to post this about three times. I hope this isn't listed three times when I get done.

This past December on the Sensation, I had booked the cruise and then found out it was the NASCAR Rusty Wallace cruise so I asked my TA to book me into that group. I have watched some NASCAR but I am not a rabid fan as I know many are.

After boarding the ship, following one of my cruisemate tips, I threw my carry on inside the cabin and headed straight up to the spa to book a massage.

There was a lady standing at the counter with a list of Rusty Wallace Cruise events. My TA had said there would be a list of events in my cabin but there wasn't. I tapped the lady lightly on her shoulder and asked her where she had gotten her events list. She told me she had found it in the room. I thanked her and mentioned they must have missed our room.

Another lady whom I had chatted with prior to boarding was standing off to the side of the spa counter motioned me over to her. She leaned over and quielty told me that was Rusty's wife. I know my face must have turned pink and I immediately began to laugh as I said to myself, see what you get for booking yourself into the NASCAR group and not knowing that Rusty's wife looked like. It did provide me with a funny story to tell my tablemates that first night at dinner, who were all rabid Rusty Wallace fans. They jokingly asked me the next night if I had ran into Rusty and his wife again that day. They really got a huge laugh when every night at dinner I could truthfully tell them I had ran into Rusty and his wife again and almost every night of the cruise I could tell them yes I had. O

Chyna (who now knows what Rusty and his wife look like! )
Old February 26th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Linda T.

This is my husband Joes most embarrassing moment and one I still laugh about. It was his first cruise and our honeymoon. He was nervous about the first formal night, making sure he looked just perfect. He put his shirt on and was in the bathroom fussing over his tie, he finally got it just right, grabbed his jacket, put it on, asked me if I was ready and walked out the cabin door. I walked out and said, yes Joe I'm ready but your not. He had worried over his tie so long, he forgot to put on his pants!!!!! He was standing in the hallway in his formal outfit and his boxershorts. I've never seen somebody unlock a door so fast. A few years later we were on another one and he got in the hairy chest contest.he did his little dance down the stairs like they make you do. and while the girl was judging him the social host noticed he had his undeware on wrongside out and the tag was sticking out of his pants. Of course a huge deal was made of it and the camera man got a closeup of his rear end which was played all day on the cabin t.v's. His rump roast was quite famous that trip. Everybody said something to him about it. Even our waiter wanted to know what we had been doing that morning that made him get redressed so fast.
Old February 26th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

That's a good one, Linda! It looks like not too many people are willing to admit their most embarrassing moments. This isn't really one of mine, but my youngest son's.

On our first Caribbean, my oldest son (then 10 yrs.) stayed on the ship in St. Maarten while my husband, my youngest son (then almost 8 yrs.) and I went into town to do some shopping. We were in a store, buying some neat looking surfboards when my son, in his boredom, started swaying forward toward the counter.

St. Maarten stores, being what they are, didn't have a 'real' counter. The cash register was on 4 pieces of wood planks in the shape of a square with the center area missing. Instead of a back wall, there were just touristy-type items hanging down. As my son swayed forward, I thought, "I hope he knows there isn't a back to that counter." He didn't and went flying right through the counter! He was mortified, but we all died laughing because there aren't many people that fall through counters.

The poor little guy started crying from embarrassment and that put an end to our shopping for the day. He eventually was able to laugh at it too, as we knew he would. To this day, I will never forget seeing him just lean forward and go right through the counter and the look of shock on the shop girls' faces!!