Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default Warning for Get Lei'd Cruisers....

.....who are planning on renting cars while in the Islands: Keep an eye on your local papers today for an Associated Press article about speed traps disguised as mini-vans on the side of the road. It is a very long article....but the gist of it is that the Transportation Dept. has begun using van-mounted cameras to catch speeders. These are the same type of cameras used for red-ligh/toll booth runners in other states.

So be careful out there and make sure that you leave your dollarsin Hawaii as tourist for fun things....not as law breakers in fines!

Mgram
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Warning for Get Lei'd Cruisers....

And.......be careful of all of us envious people that are going to be stuck back here while y'all are having fun!! A few daggers will be thrown your way, I'm sure!

Take Care!
Jaime (Off sharpening her weapon of choice!)
Old March 6th, 2002, 01:35 PM
First Mate

Here is a new item for your packing list.

Portable radar jammer. :-)
Old March 6th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I once got pulled over by police in a rental car.. The officer asked me to "blow" into a device to test my blood alcohol level, and I said I couldn't because I have a rare lung condition, where any sudden exhalation could lead to a lung collapsing.
He said then we'd need to go to the station where a technician would draw a sample of my blood for testing. I said I couldn't because I am a hemophialiac and any puncture wound could lead to a bleeding problem.
He said FINE.. then told me to walk along the centre line in the road.
I said I couldn't do that either. Quite upset with me, by this point, he YELLED...and Why Not?
Because I'm drunk, I said.

Regards,
Kuki... who admits it's not a true story
Old March 7th, 2002, 09:29 AM
flyrod

30 Days in jail....2 Days suspended for good behavior. Ha,Ha, 5 Days of sentence to serve picking up beer cans in the ditches.!!!
Old March 7th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Admiral

I just read over on Cruise @ddicts in the thread I posted there, an answer from CruisinBryan (who lives in Honolulu) that the legislature has banned the use of the vans/cameras. Also that tickets were going only to the registered drivers. So....false alarm, I guess...sorry. Mgram