Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Kpat

Default St. Lucia & St. Martin Excursions

Hi All,

I am trying to decide which shore excursions are the best bet on St. Lucia and St. Martin. Would someone please recommend some enjoyable ones. My husband and I like anything in, on, and around the water, and hiking.

Thanks

Kpat
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2002, 08:50 AM
First Mate

Default Re: St. Lucia & St. Martin Excursions

We went to Orient Beach in St. Marteen, which is a nude beach if you walk to the right to a resort called Orient Bay. The ship excursion (which was very popular-3 busloads) provided AC bus & lunch at a beach front bar/restaurant & lounge chairs in front of the restaurant, which is not the nude area. We walked to the nude area, and there were chairs to be used "free of charge" (probably illegally, but nobody approached us). It was a lovely beach! The town is a repeat of St. Thomas in shopping, the same chains of jewelry stores, so we didn't bother.

I haven't been to St. Lucia, but REALLY want to go & have read a lot on it. If I could go, I would have a hard time choosing between the Pitons and the rainforest. We are cruising in 28 days, but not as far south as St. Lucia, we are going to the W. Carib.

You are so lucky!! Have a great cruise!!!
Old March 10th, 2002, 10:24 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to JeffStern

One of the best shore excursions we have ever taken, was in St. Lucia.
It was the combination land/sea tour...
At first, we were a little skeptical, because of the length of the tour. But, once it was over, we didn't know where the time had gone!
We started in Castries, at the pier, and got on a jitney. We drove south, on the coast road, through Anse La Rey, Canaries, etc; and stopped for sightseeing along the way to Soufriere.
We visited the Drive-In Volcano, Diamon Baths and a beautiful waterfall.
We had lunch in Soufriere, an excellent buffet of native and American foods, and then got on a catamaran, for the ride back.
Free rum punch and (recorded) island music...
With a gorgeous view of The Pitons, we sailed north, back to the ship, stopping at Marigot Bay for a swim.
It was 6-7 hours, but it flew by!!!
Old March 10th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kpat,
If you like sailing, you and your husband may want to book the America's Cup Regatta in St. Maartin, great time! YOu can do a "real" job or be a bartender, which ever you feel like doing, its a lot of fun!

Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 10th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The Golden Ege Outisland Sail on St. Maarten is awesome!!!