Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2002, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default carnival cruise lines

Hi there, I'm a first time poster.

I notice on this board that a lot of you sail Carnival. Can you please tell me why you like this line and why you would recommend it.

My personal favorites are RCCL and Princess, I have sailed HAL but found the service lacking, probably because you don't need to tip.

I have heard good and bad things about Carnival and after reading many of your posts would value your opinions.

Thanks
Mary
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2002, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: carnival cruise lines

I'm a fan of Carnival. I believe they have made the greatest advances in recent years in terms of raising their own standards. IMHO their food is as good as any of the mass market cruise lines. Service is friendly and efficient.
The ships are lively. They try and put the "fun" into the experience. Yet, if their brand of fun isn't up your alley, there's lots of places and ways to escape it.

LONG GONE is the non stop "frat party" atmosphere.

Carnival delivers what they promise.. while some more upscale products don't always.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 22nd, 2002, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Welcome aboard, Mary! So glad you're coming out of the closet and posting. I like Carnival because the entertainment is very, very good, the cabins are spacious in EVERY category, the food is great and it's very affordable. Oh yes, I met my husband on a Carnival ship too. I guess that makes me a little bit sentimental!
jennifer
Old March 22nd, 2002, 09:16 PM
AJ

I have not sailed Carnival's new mega ships but my parents (they are in their early 60's) get great deals on them. (Last new ship this past December - 8 nights $400pp outside balcony cabin!) They like the mega ships on Carnival vs the 76,000 ton ships maybe because they are newer, they liked the Pride because it was non-smoking. But generally we all sail Celebrity, RCCL, Holland. Carnival I still thinks caters more to family's and younger people (I fall under that category) I have always had a good time on them but if you were not happy with Holland's service you may not like them. You will get different opinions from everybody I guess if you find a good deal try them once if you do not like them you know not to sail on them again.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Hi, Mary ...

And welcome !!!

I am a big HAL fan and have never found the service lacking. But sometimes you just hit a bad week. I did once and it was NOT fun. Balancing, after a mega-gazill cruises I have hit more than one bad week.

Let us know how we can help more.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 11:07 PM
Charlene Hempler

We Love Carnival because they treat us great always! The food is very good, entertainment is just what I am looking for.I think the rooms are very spacious. I have been on other lines where the rooms were no bigger than closets. HAHA Have never had a bad experience on Carnival. So we keep coming back for more! Char
Old March 23rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Brad Krewson

I wish I could help you also. We have been on 4 HAL ships and one BAD Costa cruise.
I'm 47. I like the HAL line because of the warm woods and art work of the ship. About 97% are older then us. I feel it is more relaxing type of ship because of the age of the other people.

I have been surpised about the positive comments of Carnival line. I still think of them as the party McDonalds type ship. Maybe I will try them some day.

As far as the Costa Ship. It was a big ship and too many people. It was a center hallway ship and to get any were on the ship you had lines of people for dinner, picture area, shows area and just to stop off at the different island. Plus most of the people were from other countries and they were rude and pushy. The food was very very bad also.

Please let me know what ships in the Carnival are not too big or full of too many young kids.

Thanks Brad Krewson
Old March 23rd, 2002, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

We have sailed Premier, Carnival and Celebrity. I have to agree with Kuki, and because of their prices, we keep going back. Hope to cruise a Voyager class ship soon and when we do Alaska would like to cruise HAL or Princess.

Old March 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
kym

We like Carnivl for all of the above reasons plus... we have young children. Not even Disney will changes little darlings diapers (and they charge for port sitters!). Carnival is all I have cruised. We have loved it everytime. I just landed from the Pride. I can tell you that the ship is gorgous and the shows were top notch! Might try another line next year (now that my kids are older) due to port locations. I hear Princess and RC are lovely. Carnival is also cost effective!

Welcome to the group!