Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2002, 10:47 PM
First Mate

Default Best Time to Cruise

Just wondering if one time of the year is better than another to go on a cruise to any particular destination. I've been to Western & Southern Carribean both in the month of April and am leaving in 2 weeks to do the Eastern Carribean. Would like to try other destinations and was wondering what time of year is best for other destinations. Would like to try and avoid bad weather.
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2002, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Best Time to Cruise

Hurricane season in Florida runs from June through November - so I choose late October or anytime in April and May for the Caribbean. The real southern Caribbean isn't affected by hurricanes but getting there through the Caribbean Sea might be a problem during hurricane season.

On the other hand, there have been hurricanes in every month but APRIL.

And, the spring trips cost more so you might want to look into late October or early November.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 05:18 AM
First Mate

Hurricane season does run from June-Nov in FL as the previous poster said, but it it is very rare for hurricanes to be a serious threat until August and September, Sept being the worst month historically. That is not to say they won't come at ay time! I would not book a Carib cruise in Sept for sure.

Gloria Fellows
Orange Park, FL Resident for 25 yrs
Old March 23rd, 2002, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Best Time to Cruise

Well, I've been on a cruise in September and it was beautiful! We're also going this September for our 20th wedding anniversary...It's 9-11!! So I guess we're taking a chance, but that's ok. That's part of life. But if our anniversary wasn't in September, that wouldn't be my FIRST choice..ha ha.. I'm sure it will be wonderful no matter what from what I hear about the Pride.
Old March 23rd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi John,
Being that I'm from the Midwest, I like to get a cruise in late winter/early spring. Its still plenty cold here, yet nice and warm in the Caribbean. Of course anytime I can cruise, is a great time to cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 25th, 2002, 05:40 PM
dove

We are taking our first cruise ever on November 30th (7 days) eastern carribean---
is that bad time of year to go!! Be honest!! Thanks to everyone that replies.