Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2002, 06:44 PM
kym

Default Greetings from Iowa... Ugh! I'm back! End of Pride 3/16 tr

Good day to all. Yes... alas... I'm have returned from the lovely carribean to beautiful Iowa (temperature is 32 degrees with 1-2 inches of snow being rumored). Still, it is nice to return. It's so peaceful here. Very uncrowded and unhurried! I fell in love with the diving in Cozumel. WWOOOWWW! I had only snorkeled there once before. I'm very impressed. Would have loved to do a night dive. Bubbles went out for Divetex and Cruisecam as per your request. The excellent news is that we gave up our seats twice and comped $2400.00 in free airfare, plus got first class seats for the family from Miami to Chicago. Landed one day late, full of food, and am already thinking about my next cruise. Airfare will NOT be a problem. This is our third year in a row of getting free air. Another nice plus to living in a small airport location. Few flights means mass overbooking much to our benefit. Well, I join the working world tomorrow... so until Divetex photo...

P.S. I feel "boat". Anybody else ever get that? 1st cruise and this one only. Not on the 2nd. It was very rough this trip (though we rarely felt it!)

P.S.S. Divetex... Belize suggestion... hire a small boat operator to take the grandkids out to a local atoll. We stopped there between dives to have lunch. A little piece of sand all to ourselves. No other known beaches that we found. Sorry!
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Greetings from Iowa... Ugh! I'm back! End of Pride 3/1

Hey, Kym, welcome home, and back to the world of reality. Yeah, right. Ain't it great? Thanks so much for the recommendation for Belize. What you suggest is probably what we'll do. Congrats on the free air, too!
Old March 24th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Back Kym!

You sure made out well with the air, good for you. I've always wanted to be able to do that, but always in a rush to catch a boat :-) Your cruise sounds like it was a great time!

So, are you almost ready to book the next one?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 24th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Welcome Home Kym! I know Mindy is anxious to pick your brain! Glad you and a good time and wonderful about the air vouchers!

Old March 25th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Welcome home and congrats on the freebies!

Old March 25th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Welcome Home!! Congratulations on getting all of the free vouchers, it sure does make for a long day of traveling. Glad you had such a great time!!