Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2002, 11:17 AM
First Mate

Default Today's poll: I cruised once during Easter, OR your best Eas

Sorry, I have not as yet cruised at Eastertime. Best Easter memory: age 12. We lived in California on an acre filled with orange trees. The orange blossoms still fill my nose with their divine odor. One end of the lot had a 80 year old English Tutor, the other side is where we kept the horses (7). My mom hid little chocolate Easter eggs all over the yard... under trees, in the irrigation terminals, underneath saddles in the tack room. We laughed and searched for hours for the little color foil eggs! This was an excellent day, and a fun time growing up. ( Could this be why she teacher sixth grade?)
Enjoy... heres to a day filled with family, friends, and good times.

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2002, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Today's poll: I cruised once during Easter, OR your best

See's Chocolate bunnies--- have been getting one every Easter as far back as I can remember-- That was the only shopping my dad ever did. When he passed away three years ago-- our thoughts were-- who's going to buy the Easter bunnies ???? I did take over the job----it's not the same --and neither are the bunnies-- they Sees still makes them but they too have changed over the last 40 years----even the my children- the grandkids look forward to the Easter bunnies.
April
Old March 31st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Winner

My most memorable was standing in St. Peter's square--with thousands of others--in the rain and hearing Pope John XXIII give his Easter blessing flawlessly in over a dozen languages. Each part of the crowd cheered as its language was spoken. Quite a day!
Old March 31st, 2002, 03:32 PM
Admiral

My favorite Easter was spent in Las Vegas . . .

I turned 30 and spent my birthday along with Easter at Mandalay Bay in Vegas. The weather was perfect, the pool area at Mandalay Bay is the best pool area I have ever seen for a hotel and the decorations at Bellagio were outstanding!

We saw Cirque de Solei's "O" the night before my birthday - WOW - what a show. The best show I have ever seen. The most expensive show I have ever seen ($90/per person). I also got a glimpse at the '"Three Tenors" who happened to be performing at my hotel - I couldn't afford that show but it was awesome to see them in person.

My favorite Easter and birthday!
Old March 31st, 2002, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Winner ...

Now that's been a LONG time ago. But what a memory.

Old April 1st, 2002, 09:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Today's poll: I cruised once during Easter, OR your

We departed on the Grand on Easter 2001---it was our first cruise & everything was perfection!! We couldn't have had a better time!!

My best Easter memories are: Easter in Decatur, GA ( read Atlanta) where I grew up with the dogwoods in bloom and making a canopy over the streets, and all the azaleas and daffodils in bloom also. Second is an Easter service we attended in 1970 in the big cathedral in downtown Sevilla, Spain (can't recall the name). Both very impressive in different ways!! And, oh yes!!, I guess the VERY BEST was our wedding day on Easter, 1966!!

Cruising in 6 days & can't wait!!
Gloria

P. S. Here's a Easter joke. It should be a visual, but I am a computer illiterate, so just imagine: 2 chocolate bunnies facing each other.>>>someone takes a bite off one and eats down to his ears>>>The other uneaten bunny says "Happy Easter" and the bitten one says "What?" I guess it loses something without the visual, but I'm posting it anyway!!
Old April 1st, 2002, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

I was about 10 years old and we got our first puppy for easter. She was a Toy Fox Terrier and we named her Candy.