Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Default OT- Sort if -Hawaii questions

Ok since sooooo many people are going to get leid -- with the Cruismates--lol 110 from what Kuki has posted- Wether your going with them or not -I have a few questions. How many of you have been there before--- what islands -- what did you like best and would you go back again ?
Myself-- around eight times I think-- I refer to those times as my younger thinner days --lol-before I was married and a few times after-- Each time I went I did something new and always left something to do that I hadent done before- for the next time I went back-- by that I mean-- going to different places- on the island-- mostly Oahu-- but I have been to Maui and Kauai too.
I love Hawaii but my husband doesnt-- he said once was enough-- but he might try another island-- he has only be to Oahu
Thanks
April
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: OT- Sort if -Hawaii questions

I've never been to Hawaii, although a native Hawaiian did ask me to marry him and move to the big isalnd about 11 years ago, but I said no. I guess I was waiting for Jose to come along! Jose hasn't been to Hawaii, either, so we're both quite anxious to see the sights. We're getting lei'd soon, and we can hardly wait!
jennifer
Old April 4th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

April,
Before I started cruising I used to land vacation in Hawaii every winter, for about 8 or 9 years. Hadn't been there in quite some time when we cruised to Hawaii from Vancouver a couple of years ago, and have wanted to go back ever since.
This time we wanted to make sure we had the 5 sea days in a row at the end, rather than the beginning.
Hawaii is truly a tropical paradise full of great beauty. It's a nice change from the Caribbean for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the abscense of abject poverty you see on many Caribbean islands.

On the upcoming trip I'm looking SO FORWARD to de stressing, after a particularily tough year with wonderful beaches, and lush golf courses. For the more adventuresome there are all sorts of hikes, dives and drives to keep people busy.

And after 6 very busy days.. 5 days at sea to enjoy our cruisemates friends and relax. Sounds heavenly to me!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 5th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Admiral

When I was a FA and did the HNL turns, we'd overnight there. Mostly I saw the inside of hotel rooms and the occasional restaurant. There was once a double overnight and we rented a car and drove around.

So this is my first REAL trip to Hawaii. And, wow, am I excited.

Old April 6th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Hello, I am so excited to be going to Hawaii in less than 4 weeks. Ok, 27 days:> I was concerned about the 5 sea days at the end of the cruise, en route to Vancouver. Please tell me why having them at the end is better.

Also, my husband just applied for a job in Hawaii that he actually qualifies for. He would make the same money there as he does here, which would make us broke in Hawaii-how true is it to anyone who knows that being broke in Hawaii is better than having plenty just about anywhere else??? My mom said we should go shopping for a nice 3 room tent

Shelly C
Old April 6th, 2002, 05:59 PM
knockurselfout17

Well...I'd have to say taking a helicopter ride on maui was my favorite thing to do...as for your hubby....I went to Oahu and it was my favorite island, but for guys...all that shopping and stuff...thats probably the "once is enough" reason. I also went on the road to Lahana (mispelled I know) and I did not enjoy it as much as my dad, but it was really beautiful.

Jamie