Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default From SeaTrade Insider - P&O/Princess tipped to operate R

Found this on the SeaTrade Insider...

-----------------------------------------------------------

P&O Princess tipped to operate R3 and R4
05/04/02

P&O Princess Cruises could be the new operator of R3 and R4 in Tahiti according to the industry grapevine. Seatrade Insider was unable to confirm a report today that P&O Princess is about to charter - with an option to purchase - the two vessels that have been laid up in Papeete since the collapse of Renaissance Cruises.
It is understood R3 will resume her year-round programme in French Polynesia and that there are plans to homeport R4 in Australia for six months of the year to provide back-to-back cruises to New Caledonia.

The French government insists that the 30,300 gt ships, that were built with its assistance in France in 1999 and 2000, fly the French flag and are manned by French officers, operate in its territorial waters to receive generous benefits under a special tax scheme.
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: From SeaTrade Insider - P&O/Princess tipped to opera

CA.. that would be good news to fans of Princess and Ren. Would be nice to have ships that size on those more exotic itins.
Thanks for sharing the info!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 5th, 2002, 03:24 PM
First Mate

Default replacements for Pacific/Island?

Wow, taht would be great news if they get them as replacements for the Pacific and Island Princess on the more exotic routes. Would love to do another South Pacific cruise anythime!

Doug
Old April 6th, 2002, 09:55 AM
susancruzs

Wow! Great news! I would do that cruise in a minute and I think the R ships would be ideal. I've been wanting to repeat that cruise but trying to find a ship to go on that won't cause me to take out a mortgage to do it! Actually I would like to do one that does just islands instead of the islands and Hawaii. I'd rather fly to and from Tahiti on regular air than a charter and I know Air France does that! This would be a good thing (except for those single surcharges, arghhhhh)! Thanks for the info, CA. Sue
Old April 7th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Passenger

That would be great news. Hope it comes true soon. Thanks CA.