Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2002, 12:30 PM
First Mate

Default pool coverups not allowed in buffet & shops

Am I the only one that finds it bothersome to have to pput on street wear to walk a few feet into the Horizon Ct from the pool area?? I would like to just tie a sarong on over my suit and go. I cannot see why on a Carib cruise DRY bathing suits & coverups are not considered proper attire for eating & shopping!! Anyone else have this gripe??
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: pool coverups not allowed in buffet & shops

aaaaa.....mmmm......I don't think I look good in sarongs........

Bob
Old April 5th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Did I miss something on my cruises? I am almost sure I've been in the Lido buffett area with a cover up on.....not driping wet, but a bit damp.

Old April 5th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Hi, Gloria ...

First off, I have to say that you are one of the best question-askers I know of.

The "rules" on most ships is that you are (a) decently covered, (b) wearing shoes, and (c) not dripping wet.

Most of these rules are quite understandable. I don't want you to sit on MY couch if you're just out of the pool. (I don't have a pool, so it's a moot point.) If you're dripping and not wearing shoes, you could slip and fall on the tiles of the buffet line. At my age, being covered up is a blessing.

My garment of choice is a parejo that ties over the upper portions and comes down almost to the ankles. Covers a multitude of sins, mostly gustatory. As far as I know that's completely appropriate. I don't believe there is a cruise line that asks you to change to "street clothes" to go to the buffet, but I stand to be corrected.

Personally, I would not go "shopping" in a bathing suit, but that's just me.

I am not a member of the Fashion Police (and wouldn't want to be) but a pretty parejo or sarong should be just fine. However, don't drip !!!

Old April 5th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Gloria,
I just slip on a pair of shorts and sandals and am fine in Horizon Court, never had a problem.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 5th, 2002, 01:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: pool coverups not allowed in buffet & shops

Well, I'm glad to hear what y' all had to say!! I guess I just took the sign at the entrance from the pool too literally. I think what it says is no pool attire...........and I stretched that in my mind to be no cover ups either. Glad y'all straightened that out!!

Pamda, I just wanted to get some action on the board. I had checked several times today & there were no new topics, at least not at the top, so ------------I thought I'd try to get a response. It's nothing like the thong question on Cruice Critics, last time I looked there were 314 responses. But, coverups are not risque either!

I leave in 1 1/2 days and cannot stand the wait!! I'm packed, I'm ready & this has been the slowest week of my life!!!! Thanks for helping me cope.

Gloria
Old April 7th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Palm Trees

Then again, you can always "take off" your swimwear and coverup. Oops! Maybe that's just in Europe.
Old April 7th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Back, Olga, BACK !!!
Old April 15th, 2002, 09:18 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: pool coverups not allowed in buffet & shops

I think Palm Trees has the best idea! But Sprinkles has the more acceptable one!!

Actually, I am just back from the Grand (got back 4/14) and the sign reads:
"Please be reminded that pool attire & beach attire".......in buffet. I guess coverups are OK, I just misinterpreted. Saw many pareos tied around hips, and bust to cover. It was pretty much a moot point for me, as we had a fairly private balcony and spent our sun time there au naturel. :-)) Then showered & dressed to go to the buffet for lunch. Usually had breakfast from room service on the balcony. It was an absolutely fabulous cruise!! Will get around to writing a review soon, I hope. Gloria