CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   We want YOUR input! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/259643-we-want-your-input.html)

Kuki April 8th, 2002 02:13 PM

We want YOUR input!

We'd like your input on CruiseMates Group Cruises for 2003, so we can begin shopping and planning. Where would you like to cruise with us??

Personally I've been eyeing a Baltic itin. for a couple of years, so leaning towards that for next summer.

And don't forget 2002! There is still time to sign for some CruiseMates group fun to Alaska , Aug 30.... http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...alaska2002.cfm
OR for Thanksgiving with the Kuki's on the NCL Sun
http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...urkey-2002.cfm

Lisa April 8th, 2002 02:19 PM

Re: We want YOUR input!

Baltic sounds good, but how about a 10 or 11 day Circle the Caribbean type of cruise, too?

Carole and Johnny April 8th, 2002 02:21 PM

Anything I don't have to fly to!! :O)

natalie April 8th, 2002 02:47 PM

Something out of Charleston, SC

CruiseAholic April 8th, 2002 02:48 PM

Europe

Divetex April 8th, 2002 03:17 PM

First choice: I agree with Lisa, and vote for an 11-day "Circle the Caribbean" on the Brilliance of the Seas, say March 17, 2003:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Mon Miami, Florida - 5:00 PM
Tue Key West, Florida 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Wed At Sea - -
Thu Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Fri Georgetown, Grand Cayman 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sat Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sun At Sea - -
Mon Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 AM -
Tue Oranjestad, Aruba - 12:30 AM
Tue Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Wed At Sea - -
Thu At Sea - -
Fri Miami, Florida 8:30 AM -

Second choice: Then there's the 11-day Panama Canal on the Splendour of the Seas out of Houston, also sailing March 17, 2003:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Mon Houston, Texas - 5:30 Pm
Tue At Sea - -
Wed Cozumel, Mexico 9:30 Am 5:30 Pm
Thu At Sea - -
Fri Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 10:00 Am 7:00 Pm
Sat Panama Canal, Cruising Canal 7:00 Am 5:00 Pm
Sun Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 Am 5:00 Pm
Mon At Sea - -
Tue Georgetown, Grand Cayman 7:00 Am 6:00 Pm
Wed At Sea - -
Thu At Sea - -
Fri Houston, Texas 6:00 Am

DougH April 8th, 2002 03:49 PM

Re:We want YOUR input

I like the idea of a 10-11 day Caribbean or Panama canal trip on Princess, Celebrity or RCL..

Sailing dates mid month work best for me as it's tough for me to get off work at month end/first day of new month.

Doug

diverkym April 8th, 2002 04:32 PM

I agree with Lisa too. I doooo love DT's suggestion, though I couldn't go. The down side to teaching is limited time off. I can only vacation during Christmas, spring break or anything June through mid August. Maybe sometime it will work out. So much time off... yet soooo restrictive. Only 31 more get ups until Summer Break. Yeah for me!!

Gordon April 8th, 2002 04:36 PM

We,Gordon & Margaret Along with four of our close friends already are booked on
Galaxy 11night ultimate caribbean out of Baltimore 4/7/03.Would LOVE that to be a Cruisemates Trip.

Mike Mastellar April 8th, 2002 05:16 PM

Kuki;
Seeing as my wife will only cruise where she has never cruised before, I think we should do a CruiseMates cruise to my kitchen.

Seriously;
I think a Baltic/Northern Europe cruise would be great. Especially if decent airfare could be obtained.

Secondly a European Rhine River Cruise would be great. It would be wonderful to see the sights of Holland, Germany, Austria from a river cruise perspective.

Take Care;
Mike
Monday Chat Host
http://cs.fairfield.edu/duck/duckt.gif

Divetex April 8th, 2002 05:39 PM

Kuki, I forgot to list my third choice: anything that's not on an NCL ship.

Mgram April 8th, 2002 05:43 PM

I second DT's 3rd choice!

Paul B April 8th, 2002 06:19 PM

Tom, we have already booked Splendour's 11 day trip out of Houston for next January, and will be glad to tell you about it after the cruise. I like Kuki's idea of a Baltic cruise, but after reading about CA's South American cruise, I think that would be my first choice.

pamda April 8th, 2002 07:21 PM

Kuki already knows my answer(s) but I will repeat them for posterity.

For people who love at-sea time, a Canal trip would be super. For those who are port mavens, a Baltic is perfect.

I've done the Canal twice, the Baltic once. Either would be terrific.

susancruzs April 8th, 2002 07:39 PM

I'm for the 11 day Caribbean as I'm looking at the Brilliance of the Seas already. Baltic I haven't done and can always go back to Europe again. I just did the canal in '98 for a 14 dayer and don't want to do that so soon. I was going to book the Brilliance as soon as I get off the Summit but I'll hold off for awhile, I guess.

dezertcruzer April 8th, 2002 07:44 PM

Jose and I are going to book a Panama Canal transit for spring 2003. We ditched our Panama Canal cruise to Get Lei'd with the CruiseMates, and we really want to do that one next. I do not care to do a Gatun Lake only Panama Canal. I want to transit the whole thing. So if there's a CruiseMates Panama Canal transit in spring 2003, count us in. If not, we'll wait for the next one! Gotta cruise with the CruiseMates!
jennifer

Boomer April 9th, 2002 08:02 AM

Re: Re: We want YOUR input!

Hi: Wife is in the education system so something around school vacations, spring break etc...and because the the break is only a week, a 7 night would be nice. Maybe leaving out of Baltimore. 11 nights would be nice but would be difficult to get that much time off.

Bob

Harry April 9th, 2002 10:52 AM

A canal cruise from the East Coast to the West Coast (or In reverse). Any Itinerary that would include Key West

Bill April 10th, 2002 07:30 AM

Kuki, because of our need to coordinate vacations etc, we tend to book our cruise almost a year in advance. I would love to travel with your groups, but usually have cruises booked. Any way you can plan and announce a year in advance?Right now
we are booked for this spring(booked 14 months ago) and this fall(booked 11 months in advance). Our plans are underway already for spring and fall 2003. When will you know group cruises for 2003.?

Travelnut April 10th, 2002 10:26 AM

I vote for the southern caribbean,,,,,,,maby a 10 dayer outa Fla or something like that.